We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Universal's cinematic spectacular + dining experience

Harrogate, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Universal's cinematic spectacular + dining experience

DH and I will be in Orlando in 3 weeks' time and I'm wondering about booking the cinematic spectacular and dining. Was thinking about doing this as a surprise for DH on my birthday (I know, surprise him on MY birthday! It's also our 5th wedding anniversary while we're out there but he knows what we've got planned for that). Just wondering if anyone had any experience of this? Is it worth it or should we just stay to watch the show and eat elsewhere. My other thought was to eat at City Walk and then come back for show.

Also wonderer if anyone had any ideas of showtimes in September. Universal website says every night at 9.45 but "show times subject to change, please check park guide for details" or something of the kind. Had a feeling times and frequency might change in September, especially due to HHN.

Any advice/tips/opinions gratefully received!

Thanks X

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
19,788 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Universal's cinematic spectacular + dining experience

There are lots of good spots to watch the show around the lake. We enjoyed our meal at Lombard's (going to eat there again in Sept.) but we did not do the dining experience, I thought it was very overpriced. Would have cost us double what we paid, so no I can't recommend it. Not sure yet what time this will be on. It will be listed on the park map you pick up when you're there :)

Harrogate, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Universal's cinematic spectacular + dining experience

Thanks princess. That was kinda my feeling on it, bit over priced for what it was. We're planning to do 2 consecutive days at Universal in our first week so guess we'll see what the maps say about timings when we get there. Might just eat at Leaky Cauldron or something instead (I'm a HUGE Potter geek!), any excuse!

Mentioned in this post
The Leaky Cauldron
The Leaky Cauldron
1,535 Reviews
Orlando, FL
3. Re: Universal's cinematic spectacular + dining experience

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, August 19, 2015
;