We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ernesto

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
aa
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Topic
Ernesto

Hi , what is latest info on Ernesto? I am schedlued to fly there on wednesday evening. Thanks!

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
7,291 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ernesto

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at5+shtml/174823.shtml?5day?large

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,735 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ernesto

Unforntunately, Wednesday is the day Ernesto is predicted to be passing through central Florida and possibly near Orlando at this point.

You could be looking at long delays or even cancellation of your flight unless you can go Tuesday or Thursday.

California's...
Level Contributor
7 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ernesto

Yeah, I know how you feel. We land Wed evening also and had planned to do Magic Kingdom on Thursday. Right now, I am pretty glad that I didn't do the pre-paid hotel reservations that I usually do. We just may drive on up to Georgia (to see family) on the early end of our trip and save Orlando stuff for later.

Bring something to read in case of delays at the airport and just hope for the best. Florida in hurricane season is always a little iffy anyway.

Red

Fairview, Texas
Level Contributor
73 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ernesto

A tropical storm hit while we were there in June. In our experience it did NOT ruin our trip.

That storm was all over the news for several days, but we went anyway. It rained off and on for three or four days (of seven) but with our rain panchos on we could easily do everything in the parks throughout the day and the crowds were kept down.

Thursday we got up and it was beautiful outside, but when we got to the parks they were packed! That was where the hoppers really came in handy because we were able to look around for the less-crowded parks and do more through the day.

Here are a couple rainy pictures (cut & paste link)

pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gillett_andrew/album…

Sarasota, Florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Longboat Key
Level Contributor
4,178 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ernesto

Another website is www.wunderground.com; click on "Tropical weather" and then on Ernesto. Right now it looks to be a tropical storm at most as it comes ashore tonight (Tuesday), then move quickly north and out to sea. Depending where/when you land, you may get some rain and wind initially, but then pretty weather afterwards.

aa
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Ernesto

Thnaks everyone for your replies. cbchrc - I am going to Orlando.

I know some airlines have cancelled evening flights to Ft. Lauderdate and Ft. Myers today but not to Orlando. Don't know if that means Orlando is not going to be as much effected compared to those places. I am basically waiting to see if my airlines is going to delay or cancel any flights tomorrow. Its frustating not knowing how its goign be tomorrow but I know my conerns are nothing compared to what Floridians have to go through. Thansk again!

Sarasota, Florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Longboat Key
Level Contributor
4,178 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ernesto

Keep your fingers crossed and say a prayer. Hard to say what the airlines will do, but the latest info from the weather gurus is that Ernesto will move rapidly, getting up towards Orlando by late morning on Wednesday and exiting Florida by maybe 2 AM Thursday. Orlando is such a busy place, I doubt the airlines will want to do much cancelling. If Ernesto goes as quickly as they now say, you should be OK, though perhaps with a bit of delay.

And Thursday should be sunny and nice!

8. Re: Ernesto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:37 am, August 17, 2009