We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Polynesian

NJ
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
Polynesian

Does anyone know when the construction on the snack restaurant in the Polynesian will be done?

Also, I will be there for work for a week by myself. Do you think it is safe? I plan to go to all the parks.

Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Polynesian

Polynesian Resort

Captain Cook's 24-hour counter service closed June 19, 2006 for a rehab through September 15, 2006. Tangaroa Terrace will operate during this time with a limited menu. No refillable mugs will be sold or refilled here during the rehab.

Ongoing rehab of individual longhouses continues.

Source: www.allearsnet.com/tp/rehabs.htm#august

Yes - you'll be safe. All of Walt Disney World is well-lit and has plenty of employees around. I've always been comfortable on the buses etc. There were lots of security personel around at the closing of Pleasure Island so I even felt safe then, at 1AM.

Mentioned in this post
Captain Cook's
Captain Cook's
645 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Florida
Level Contributor
2,919 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Polynesian

Captain Cook's is supposed to be finished Septemeber 15th. I wouldn't carve that date in stone, but they are usually fairly close to their target date. They are operating the snack bar in an alternate location while the construction is going on, but there aren't any refillable mugs available, if that's what you were looking for.

Yes, by all means, Disney is great for a solo trip. I've been on dozens of solo trips and I've got one planned for next month. I've never felt awkward eating alone in Disney restaurants, or even riding rides alone. You can do what you want to do when you want to do it. You can also meet some interesting people while waiting for parades and shows. I've also never felt unsafe there alone. I do take advantage of the safe in the room to stash any valuables, so I'm not carrying a lot of money or unnecessary credit cards with me. But I've even gone to PI for the evening alone, and been fine. If you plan to be out at night, just monitor your surroundings like you would anywhere else. Also, make sure you lock your hotel door, and especially the sliding patio door, before you go to sleep. That patio door is so easy to forget!

Mentioned in this post
Captain Cook's
Captain Cook's
645 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Fayetteville, AR
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Polynesian

When my little girl was 5 we went just the two of us and never felt unsafe. The resorts all have guarded gates, there is always security everywhere. I know that things happen everywhere and you have to use common sense anywhere you go, but this is one place that I felt safe even with just my daughter.

4. Re: Polynesian

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:24 am, August 13, 2009