We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wet'n Wild, how to behave :)

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tampere, Finland
Level Contributor
27 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Wet'n Wild, how to behave :)

We are taking our kids to Wet'n Wild in July and we have never been there before. I have a couple of questions:

- how much does a locker cost and can we open & close it several times for the same price or how does it work?

- how about the towels, can we get those from the park and if yes, is it free..?

- can we wander around the area in our bathing suits or do we have to wear something more when going to eat etc. or is it okay to go to the restaurants in bikinis?

- is it a good idea to wear flip flops or water shoes?

- is it okay to take a 5 or 7 year old boy to ladies locker room?

Anything else we should know before heading the water park? Thanks!

NI
Level Contributor
194 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wet'n Wild, how to behave :)

Hi we were there in march.

You can open the lockers as often as you want to - you get a key on an armband the same as you do in Aquatica if you have been there.

Cant remember exact prices but you pay for locker and get deopsit back, same with the towels.

you can wander about in swimwear in the park, we put clothes on for a bite to eat. Would wear flip flops when going to get food but we didnt bother when walking round the park.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
15,427 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wet'n Wild, how to behave :)

"- is it okay to take a 5 or 7 year old boy to ladies locker room?"

Probably not.

Quigley's Point...
Level Contributor
2,763 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wet'n Wild, how to behave :)

I would say it would be fine to take a 5 -7 year old boy into the ladies changing rooms

You could not let him go into male changing rooms on his own

Annie

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
16,990 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wet'n Wild, how to behave :)

We wore water shoes, in the summer months the ground gets very hot. We had to take them off for one or two rides, I think. As mentioned you can go in and out of the lockers as much as you want and walk around in your bathing suit. We never use towels, didn't need them :)

London, England...
Level Contributor
128 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wet'n Wild, how to behave :)

How do you know what rides you are not allowed to wear water shoes, I don't fancy queuing being told I cant wear them and then having to re queue : )

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
16,477 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wet'n Wild, how to behave :)

If you're there in the summer you will need something on your feet as there is a fair amount of concrete at W&W it gets very hot underfoot

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
16,990 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wet'n Wild, how to behave :)

They'll tell you at the top and you just take them off and hold them, no need to get on line again :)

London
Level Contributor
3,683 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wet'n Wild, how to behave :)

I agree with Annie, not Vic.......you will be able to take your son into the ladies changing rooms. Speaking as a mum of a son - up to a 7 year old I think is quite acceptable.

I was once asked by a chap with his small daughter if I'd keep an eye on her whilst she changed. I did as I also had my daughter with me who was about the same age, no probs. Happy to do it.

I don't think my hubs would take my young daughter into his changing rooms if they were on their own!!!!!!!

You can't let a small boy go into the male changing room at that age on his own, or even ask a man to look after him.

What is she supposed to do with him Vic??

If you're a single parent, or you and hubby and family have got separated for any reason, it can be a problem.

Guernsey, United...
Level Contributor
1,100 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wet'n Wild, how to behave :)

A a note of warning the rental towels are quite small and not 'bath' sized plus we found them to be a bit hard. Must have been washed a lot!!!

The walkways do get very hot under foot and can burn your feet so you will need to wear something when walking around the park.

It is a good day out and we always enjoy ourselves when we are there.

Enjoy :)

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,630 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wet'n Wild, how to behave :)

I completely agree, floridas-fab