We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aussies doing Orlando...Day 30 Animal Kingdom

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Aussies doing Orlando...Day 30 Animal Kingdom

Well our last full day is here!! We knew by now that we would be all tuckered out so we planned a relaxing morning before a late afternoon/evening at Animal Kingdom...our favourite Disney park. We did go to Cracker Barrel for a yummy hearty breakfast then back to villa to begin relaxing (packing for me). Breakfast was $39 incl tip. Pretty good as we all left stuffed!! I can't remember exactly what we each had but there was eggs, bacon, hash brown casserole, pancakes, biscuits, milkshakes, water & coffee on the table!!! It was a very satisfying breakfast.

Back at the villa the kids played pool & in their own rooms for a bit. I took this opportunity to finalise our packing...all but the last few things that we need for tomorrow (travel day). DH drank some beer, watched TV, drank some more beer, played pool with the kids, watched some more TV, drank some more beer & then asked if I needed any help!! (?) Ah....no! I'm pretty much done now...but thanks for asking ;-) lol

All jokes aside I can't complain...he is a very domesticated fella & helps out loads!! Packing just is not his forte :-)

I declared that it was swim time :-) Yahoo!! Out we go & chill out by the pool side for a while. It was so nice to not be in a hurry!!! DD desperately wanted to go to Epcot to get Mary Poppins' autograph but we just didn't have the stamina to pull it off. She understood. I don't think she even had the energy to put the dream in motion lol. I told her I would email Disney & beg them to send Mary's autograph to her. We'll see how we go!!

We just cooked up some garlic bread in the oven & had garlic bread followed by ice cream for lunch!!! Um ah!!! What a lunch lol. Who cares...we're on holidays!!!

At about 3:45 we headed off for AK. We had Lion King FP for 4:30-4:50. It had been pouring down with rain earlier but stopped a little while before we left for the park. I asked DH if we should stop & buy ponchos as it was still threatening outside. We both agreed that it usually cleared up quite quickly, besides after all our theme park days we hadn't had any rain while at the parks!! We knew we would be right ;-)

We were wrong!!!!! We got to AK, walked straight to Africa where we grabbed a drink & some popcorn. The boys went to the bathroom while us girls to the food cart. All of a sudden it was torrentially raining!!! The boys came out of the bathrooms & couldn't believe it. Lol we tried to duck & weave & keep the rain off of the popcorn & out of the drinks but it was no use!! By the time we got to the Harambe Theatre we were drenched!!! The kids had jackets in the backpack so they took their wet shirts off & put the jackets on. DH & I suffered through. My shirt dried really quickly as it was a thin cotton. DH on the other hand had a heavy t-shirt on & was still soaked right through after the show!! He was freezing too. I bought him an AK shirt as I thought he'd end up with pneumonia otherwise!!! Crikey we didn't need anyone else sick!!!

Now onto the show...it was fantastic!!! We tried to keep our minds off of our wet, cold backs & enjoy the show. It was colourful & very aesthetically stimulating. There was so much to see....all around the theatre....floats, characters & people in amazing costumes. The singing was fab :-) Couldn't fault the show at all!! Loved it!!

After Lion King & us getting a new shirt for DH we headed onto the safari for our FP. By the way, when we came out of Lion King it had stopped raining. The rain certainly made an AWESOME safari!!!! The animals were out & about & extremely active. We saw a few fights between antelope & some other creatures that I can't remember the name of lol. The giraffes were so inquisitive of the vehicle & one began following us!! We were in the back row so we turned & watched it...I just love them so much!! They're so graceful :-) That, by the way was our second time through on the safari!! When we got on the first ride we noticed that there was just NO line up!!! I think the rain must've scared everyone away. When we got off the first ride, we saw that there was still no line up & as the animals had been so active we thought, let's do it again!!! So we did :-) It was great. One of my fave attractions at WDW!!

By the time we had finished two safaris it was time for our last ride of the holiday!!!!! Everest :-) We all loved this one & it was such a fitting way to end the WDW leg of our trip. We did it in style too...3 times in a row, each time sitting with someone different so we all got to ride once with each other!! We had a blast!! They were teasing me on the climb up to look out at Hollywood Tower of Terror in the distance (as we were so high up & I hate heights)!! I would just stare straight ahead or close my eyes!!! On the second ride we got front row so the kids went together in the front. Man it was bad enough for me being right behind front row let alone in the front row!!!! I love the ride just not the climb up...but I suffer it out because I love the ride so much :-) We were able to ride 3 times in a row as there was just no line up!! We got off then went around & through again. The cms had shut the standby line & were allowing everyone to walk through the FP line as it was nearly closing time.

We left the park just before closing time (7:55). We said goodbye to WDW & thanked it for an awesome holiday....secretly I knew I couldn't turn around & look back as I would've lost it!! (I'm a sook!!). Disney is a part of me though. I can't explain it. My parents took my brother & I there when I was exactly my DD's age...1 month off of 10 (she's 10 in 2 days now though as we stayed so long lol) & it just got into my soul. I travelled a lot when I was younger & have also travelled a lot as an adult & with my own family now but the memories I have of the trips I did with my parents are embedded in me. That's exactly what I hope to give my kids. A love of travel, an appreciation of other cultures & the diversity of our world, along with a truck load of happy memories!! I am confident this trip has added to those precious memories for all of us!!

Wow....fancy that.....I got way off track again lol!!! How unusual ;-)

Right....after we left AK we all had rumbly tummies as we hadn't yet had anything to eat since our garlic bread & ice cream...well, besides a bit of soggy popcorn!!

I bet none of you will guess where we went for our last dinner...!!!! You just wouldn't be able to predict it ;-) Haha Logan's!!! Of course!!! We had to go back to say bye to our fave server (waiter) of the trip...Jose!!! His service was outstanding & he was such a well mannered, genuinely nice fella :-) He told us when we walked in that he'll never forget us!!! Nawww!!!! Of course again the service was amazing, as was the food!! We were very well looked after, with a second basket of dinner rolls (they are delicious) & a takeaway bag of peanuts & a tub of dinner rolls to take with us when we left!! Jose said he hoped to see us again next year & he wanted to be manager by then!!! Well we wish you all the best buddy...you deserve it ;-)

DH had the shrimp & ribs combo, DS a half rack of ribs, DD had 2 kids corn dogs (so cheap)!!! & I had the steak (6oz sirloin) & ribs combo. We had 2 beers, 2 sodas & 1 water - $63!!! That's dam good for 4 people!!!! We left $83 ;-)

When we got home I rang my mum to tell them "see you soon!!" My parents are older & would've loved to come with us but my dad's health isn't brilliant so they couldn't!! They've been counting down until we get back & are so excited that it's almost here!! By the way, we got free phone calls from our villa!! Even international calls. I'm not sure if that happens at all villas but it did at ours. All free calls, free wifi & a great rate...what more could you ask for :-)

It was time for bed then. We didn't get home until 9:30....time just flies!!!

Anyway we all headed off but before I went I thought I would just log into Delta again to see if any seats together had popped up. I had sent them a pretty feisty email explaining what happened on the way over & how I would refuse to take my seat on the plane on Monday if my kids weren't sat with DH or I. Their reply was vague, even going as far as to tell me that we weren't flying with them...we were with Virgin!! Seriously?!!! So I replied & very assertively told them that I was indeed flying with them & it says an awful lot that they didn't even realise that!!! I got no reply ;-) Anyway when I logged in to check the seat situation, low & behold if I didn't discover that they had allocated us seats...4 together!!!! Just goes to show that we need to stand up for ourselves hey ;-)

So off to bed I went knowing that Delta had come through for us, we had had an amazing trip & tomorrow we were going home :-) ......or were we?!!!

Stay tuned to hear about the next hiccup we encountered, that could see us not flying anywhere!!!!

AJ xx

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
25,062 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aussies doing Orlando...Day 30 Animal Kingdom

So many great days except for the rain what a great trip so far.

London
Level Contributor
3,683 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aussies doing Orlando...Day 30 Animal Kingdom

I've really, really enjoyed all your TRs, and will miss your daily instalments :o))

You've had a fantastic time and a big thank you for sharing your experiences with us. I've felt as though I was with you every day with your informative and fun reports.

Safe journey home tomorrow.

sydney
Level Contributor
762 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aussies doing Orlando...Day 30 Animal Kingdom

Oh, quick have to read what the drama was lol.

The same thing happened to us with the rain.

I took us all a poncho from home, we carried them every day in a backpack ( we took a backpack every day, and shared the carrying of it)

The day we were going to HS , no one wanted to carry the bag, so we left it in the room, it was a beautiful sunny day.

Anyhow, we got settled to watch Fantasmic, u guessed it!! 10 mins from the end the heavens opened up. Bloody hell, why didn't we bring the back pack. We just sat there in the pouring rain and watched it till the end, was funny.

The worst bit was getting on the bus back to the resort , with the air con blasting freezing cold air, wasn't enjoyable.

Anyhow, need I say, the back pack came every day after that, and yes it didn't rain again . lol

St.Helens,United...
Level Contributor
2,300 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aussies doing Orlando...Day 30 Animal Kingdom

Great last day AK is so good we love the Lion King also I can just picture you soaking wet we've been exactly the same on one of our trips to Universal Studios I had to sit in the car on the way home without my shorts on so bad Yea I bet your mum and dad have missed you loads Can't wait to go to Logan's in October will think of you when we go there Read your post out of order so I know your home safe I'm glad and your little girl made it home Sue

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aussies doing Orlando...Day 30 Animal Kingdom

Thanks guys!! Lol big mumma always the way isn't it...Murphy's law!!!

Sue...haha we had to do that after getting soaked on Kali river rapids!! Haha you cheated!!!! Lol. She sure did give us a heart attack that morning.

south yorkshire...
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Aussies doing Orlando...Day 30 Animal Kingdom

Glad you had a fab holiday!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,223 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aussies doing Orlando...Day 30 Animal Kingdom

Another great TR AJ, we did Everest 3 times in a row last year as we were there early evening too. Love that ride.

I'm with you about the travel and memories! :0)

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,825 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Aussies doing Orlando...Day 30 Animal Kingdom

Really enjoyed these, thanks for taking the time.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
50,932 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Aussies doing Orlando...Day 30 Animal Kingdom

Love, love, love the TR. It is going to bum me out when you are home and there are no more :(

I am sorry we couldn't you to Bubbalou's for BBQ or Hash House for too much food, but maybe next time!

10. Re: Aussies doing Orlando...Day 30 Animal Kingdom

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 06, 2015