We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

passport scanning

london
Level Contributor
1,142 posts
1 review
Save Topic
passport scanning

im intriged(sp) as to when our passports are scanned what info pops up on immigration officer's screens? anyone fill me in and would you think ill be entitled to know under freedom of information act????

halifax
Level Contributor
98 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: passport scanning

Leec 1 ,we returned on the 4th august, I was worried as my husband had a conditional discharge from 21 years ago , in the end we didn't obtain a visa. I had heard alsorts of horror stories and when we arrived at customs i didn't think we would get through. A couple of things to bare in mind as you sound like you are panicking! your passports are checked at your departure airport ie scanned so if it did hold any criminal record info it would come up then (passports only contain the information that you can see there is no hidden info) when you get to Orlando( we flew to Sanford, where are you flying to?) the queue is enormous and there are people checking that you have filled your visa waiver in properly but the immigration officers get through the queue quickly. You go to the desk as a family hand in your visa waiver forms and passports which are then scanned. the officer didn't even look at the back of the form where you answer the questions. Your photo is taken and a scan of your index left and right fingers , your visa waiver forms are stamped and then you are on your way. the man who dealt with us was really nice and nothing like the horror stories I had heard.In the end we had an ace holiday and we are looking to book next year. so stop worrying and have an ace time.Who are you travelling with by the way ? we went with My travel and I wasn't impressed with the flight at all ie legroom and the food was awful!!

12. Re: passport scanning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 am, August 12, 2009