We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alamo Car rental closing times

Wigan, UK
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Topic
Alamo Car rental closing times

We've just picked up our tickets and we fly out in 3 weeks. We are hiring a car and it says the closing time for the rental desk at Sanford Airport is 7pm. We are due to land at 17:30, it then will probably take approx 1 hour to go through customs I think. My question is with all the extra security procedures at both Manchester and Sanford plus if there are any delays we might not make it to the rental desk for 7pm. What happens then? Making our own way from Sanford to Clearwater beach with no transport is virtually impossible !

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
477 reviews
from $54.99*
$59.00
Kennedy Space Center and Everglades...
188 reviews
from $128.99*
Crystal River Manatee Snorkeling and...
131 reviews
from $118.99*
Special Offer
Coca-Cola Orlando Eye, Madame...
14 reviews
from $51.99*
$87.87
Wigan, UK
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Alamo Car rental closing times

then again after doing a quick google, this link says they close at 10pm so I might have got it wrong?

http://www.alamo.co.uk/?campaign=ppc

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
750 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alamo Car rental closing times

hi,

we flew in from the UK...and our flight was delayed by 9 hours..

we arrived 2 in the morning and they were all still open then.

As for customs we flew though only took 10 mins..but then we

waited 1.45 hours for our lugage...lol

Doncaster, S Yorks
Level Contributor
10,270 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alamo Car rental closing times

I think you might find at Sanford that if thay have aircraft arriving late they will stay open , but only with minimum staff. They will know that they have a lot of bookings and its difficult to get out of Sanford without a car. You will not be the only one picking up a car

But if you are flying into MCO Car Hire shuts when they say they do booking or not. We once got there at 2 ;00 am, 12 hours late should have been 14;20. Cost us a $100 to get to villa and back next day to pick up car. They would not deliver to us.

Wigan, UK
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Alamo Car rental closing times

thanks, put my mind at rest. 12 more get ups to go !