We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aussies doing Orlando...Day 19 :-)

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Aussies doing Orlando...Day 19 :-)

We arrived at AK at 8:30. Lined up at a turnstile.....not too long a line. They began letting everyone through at 8:45am :-) We had to exchange some shoes DD bought the other day, so we did that straight away before our fastpass for the safari at 9:15.

We walked around a bit while passing the time, taking photos etc. Got to the safari & the line up was massive!!! Thankfully that was stand by & we got through FP line quickly ;-) This was our first time in the Africa area so it was great to see all the different things.

We all absolutely loved the safari!!! Really hope we get the chance to come back to do it again! After the safari we had about 20mins to kill before our Tusker House ressie so we looked through some shops & wandered a bit more. We did the Pangani expedition trail on way out of safari.

We checked in at 10:15 for our 10:30 Tusker House reservation & lined up for the photo. We sat & waited about 10mins before we were called. When we went to explore the food options we could see there was so much variety....far more than the other breakfasts we've done.

Daisy came straight to our table & noticed we had Donald & Daisy shirts on....(we had them made from the disboards)....well she loved them! She mock kissed DS' Donald shirt & then clapped & jumped up and down when she saw DD's Daisy shirt!!!! She threw her arms around DD & hugged her tight....it was one of those "Ohhhhh" moments that we will never forget!!!

Donald, Goofy & Minnie also visit the tables. It was time for food now! It was all really good. Probably the yummiest breakfast we've had too :) We would all agree that Tusker House was defo the best 'value for money' character meal we've had in WDW. The one we did in Disneyland in 2010 was far far better than any of the WDW ones though ;-)

We came out of Tusker very full & slowly strolled along to the Theatre in the Wild for our Nemo musical fastpass. We really enjoyed Nemo!! It was a nice chance to fit in air con & the performers, costumes & sets were all brilliant!! Lots of small children around us were totally engrossed :-)

It was now time for our Everest fastpasses. We got the back two rows. We all noticed how much faster it felt at the back!! Woohoo....absolutely love this ride :-)

We were planning on a relaxing arvo at our villa so we decided to leave it there for AK. On our last full day we have no plans set so we are going to use that day to do our Disney faves. I can see us picking AK!!!! We all love it ;-)

We hit some shops before we left (in case we don't come back). I got a couple of playsets to take back for my class & DD got pens for her 2 bffs at school. On the way home we stopped in at Super Target for a few things then back to the villa to relax!! We tidied up a bit then went out to the pool. This is the life!!!

Dinner tonight was at Logan's Roadhouse. Wow!!! That's the best way to describe it!!! The amount of food ya get for what you pay is outstanding. Okay so let me fill you in on our banquet lol. DH ordered the two meals for $14.99.....they both come with 2 sides!! He got pork chop with baked potato & fries & popcorn shrimp with mash potato & fries. He was obviously feeling hungry...but like he said for the price it's worth trying two meals :-) DS got the full rack of baby back ribs with...2 sides!!! He chose double fries. I ordered the daily special of grilled chicken & ribs with...yep you guessed it...2 sides!! I selected rice & baked sweet potato. DD got the kids corn dog & we had a beer, 1 soda & 2 waters. Oh yeah & we were also given a basket of beautiful & fresh bread rolls!!! All this was only $61!!!! Yes you read right $61!!!! DH & I thought there was a mistake on the bill so we triple checked it...it was all there!! Honestly that amount of food at home would be $200! We left $81 :-) Our server was fantastic, the food was awesome & the price was amazing so why not!! I think we've just found our new favourite!!!!

Back to villa to pack up some things for Miami. I'll keep you all posted on how we go ;-) Thanks all for reading & for continuing to post lovely comments!!

AJ x

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
25,608 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aussies doing Orlando...Day 19 :-)

Glad you all are having the time of your lives in Orlando enjoy Miami.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,529 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aussies doing Orlando...Day 19 :-)

Tusker house sounds fun!! And dinner, what a bargain, wow!! Enjoy Miami, can't wait to hear about it :)

sydney
Level Contributor
762 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aussies doing Orlando...Day 19 :-)

Have fun in Miami.

Boy , u have found some good places to eat.

I don't know why, but we didn't each much when we were over there, never seemed to be hungry, must have been the excitement lol.

Cause I know some days we only ate once a day.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aussies doing Orlando...Day 19 :-)

Yeah princess dinner was a real bargain....we are still marvelling at it :-) best thing is it was really yum too!

Haha bigmumma....we are noticing that we are not eating as much as usual. We're generally having a breakfast, then a snack mid arvo then a dinner. No one ever has room for dessert (well let me say rarely). We keep saying, tonights the night for dessert...haha never happens. We ordered it on Sat & Sun nights as they were the days we celebrated the kids birthdays, but we never ate much of them!!! Lol

Hampton, UK
Level Contributor
3,529 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aussies doing Orlando...Day 19 :-)

Wow that one really does sound cheap!

Glad you loved AK.

St.Helens,United...
Level Contributor
2,320 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aussies doing Orlando...Day 19 :-)

Glad you had a great AL Enjoy Miami How long are you there for Sue

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
834 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Aussies doing Orlando...Day 19 :-)

nice report :)

coasters are faster at the rear and also most turbulent. for a junkie like me means i have to ride twice once at front fro the view and again at the rear for the speed and throwing about.

:)

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Aussies doing Orlando...Day 19 :-)

Another fab TR... I'm going to be going through them all again before I go on holiday to write down some of the restaurants you have been to and for some tips :-)

X

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,294 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Aussies doing Orlando...Day 19 :-)

another great one, keep em coming.

Saw the updated photos, you really have a very cute family.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Aussies doing Orlando...Day 19 :-)

Thanks for the replies ;-)

Sue...we are here for 4 & 1/2 weeks in total. We have about 11 full days to go!!