We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What do you like to do on your last day?

Graysville...
Level Contributor
2,336 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
What do you like to do on your last day?

Do you like to get up early, check out of resort, drive/fly home?

OR

Do you like to sleep in a little, take your time?

OR

Do you like to have a nice breakfast and then leave?

OR

Do you like to hang out at the pool on the last day before leaving?

OR

Do you like to hit the parks one more time?

I am just curious what people like to do on the last day of their trip. My Mother and Grandmother like to get up early and head out, no messing around, but I like to take my time and hopefully have time to chill out poolside before flying home. (2 hour flight). I also like to do this on the day of arrival also, maybe mini golf/nice dinner. I suppose those of you with longer flights would want an early start.

uk
Level Contributor
229 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What do you like to do on your last day?

Our flights have always been in the evening, so there's a long wait between checking out of the hotel and heading to the airport. We like to fill that time with some last minute shopping, not that there's usually much space left in our suitcases!

We normally make sure the day before is a day to remember, so we head back to one of our favourite parks (Universal or Hollywood Studios) and then spend hours just going on the one or two rides we like the most! Sad, I know, but I can't get enough of Rock n Roller and The Mummy! :-)

lancashire
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What do you like to do on your last day?

We like to take take it easy. Early breakfast and then back to the villa for some last minute pool time. Then last bits of shopping before heading to the airport - which is the plan for today as we fly home at 7pm tonight :(

Glenrothes, United...
Level Contributor
304 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What do you like to do on your last day?

Once everything ready I go for a nice big lunch to tide me over the 9hour flight. Day before I hit the shops big time and spend every penny I have lol

Level Contributor
52 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What do you like to do on your last day?

We don't normally fly back until 6pm - 8pm so normally we have a lie in (feels strange no 6am wake up to do a park) then we'll usually visit a buffet to get that grease rolling... Go on to the mall/outlets to pick up any gifts we may forget or to spend whatever money we have over. (was once 663USD one year.. Christ knows how!!)then normally go to the restaurant that we felt we all liked the most for an afternoon lunch before setting off to MCO and to the land of depression (home) :-P

Graysville...
Level Contributor
2,336 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What do you like to do on your last day?

LancashireFatCat, have a good flight home tonight!

Interesting to hear that people like to go shopping right before going home. :)

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,031 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What do you like to do on your last day?

We've been (the last few trips) just getting up and going home on an early flight. We used to take a flight home around 2:30 - 3:00, but it really wasn't enough time to do anything, or we'd be rushing around trying to do something. After 6 days we just want to get home :)

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What do you like to do on your last day?

The UK flights are always around early evening time so we check out of SSR then hang out at DTD to do any last shopping bits, we then always have lunch at Pardiso 37 before heading to the airport about 3pm.

Loudoun County...
Level Contributor
401 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What do you like to do on your last day?

We're doing breakfast at 'Ohana before our 4:00 departure. It's our first time at this character meal and we can't wait!

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
834 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: What do you like to do on your last day?

shop and spend the last penny i have plus a round of crazy golf

Guernsey, United...
Level Contributor
1,156 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What do you like to do on your last day?

We get up early and have breakfast at the hotel before checking out.

As our flight home is an evening one we leave the bags at the hotel and spend the day in the parks enjoying the sun and fun :)