We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

would you goto orlando by yourself

west yorkshire
Level Contributor
806 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
would you goto orlando by yourself

im 35 male and have been with the wife afew times to orlando , the peoblem is i love it but she wants to spend money on different things , so im wanting to goto florida she doesnt so should i go alone ? has anybody been alone ?

Bermagui, Australia
Level Contributor
2,283 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: would you goto orlando by yourself

I've gone alone twice and would do it again but Hubby insists on coming LOL

I loved it alone, I mainly hit WDW though. I did take the bus a few times to go shopping and took a taxi to Universal. I loved every bit of my solo trips. I didn't get lonely at all, the CM's were so nice and will actually talk to you a lot more when you are solo, I pin traded with heaps of people and made some nice dinner friends too.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
680 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: would you goto orlando by yourself

I'd do it in a heartbeat!! It's one of the friendliest place I've ever visited so if you want to spark up a conversation you'll never be short of someone to talk to.

And, think of all the time you'll save using the single-rider lines!!

Edited: 5:56 am, May 17, 2014
County Galway...
Level Contributor
2,746 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: would you goto orlando by yourself

Only if the wife let me

Mont Tremblant...
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: would you goto orlando by yourself

Single riders lines... Yeah! Been there, done that, solo!

You can also select the rides that really interest you. In fact if you are not planning that trip in summer or during the holidays then you could even do both Universal parks in the same day and everywhere CM, employees, whatever will be more chatty at those times. In fact a learned a lot from a few CM at Animal Kingdom that were feedin some animals.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
54,625 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: would you goto orlando by yourself

I would for four or five days, but not two weeks.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
812 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: would you goto orlando by yourself

Hi

I have been a couple of times on my own. Over 60 and female.I had a ball. My daughter ended up not speaking to me for a while but would love the chance do do it again.

Iowa
Level Contributor
10,186 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: would you goto orlando by yourself

I have and would again.

manchester
Level Contributor
3,571 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: would you goto orlando by yourself

I am in October for 2 weeks, I am really looking forward to it

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
18,204 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: would you goto orlando by yourself

If my husband didn't want to go then neither would I - I would hate to go without him

Don't want to sound sanctimonious but Isn't that what being married is all about - doing things together :-))

Graysville...
Level Contributor
2,349 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: would you goto orlando by yourself

I love having my family with me, but there have been times that we have gone without my hubby and he has gone on trips without us, for ex. elk hunting trip in Utah, Marti Gras with co-workers. To each their own. I definitely do not want to go elk hunting or to Marti Gras!

Haven't gone alone though, guess there is always someone wanting to go.

One of my friends goes alone a lot just because she is always gone on business trips and she is there so why not take advantage of it.