We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aussies doing Orlando...Day 15 Aquatica

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,391 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Aussies doing Orlando...Day 15 Aquatica

Up when the alarm went off at 6:30 this morning so we could grab breakfast on the way to Aquatica. Breakfast was at Denny's again - $27 with the Eat & Play card discount. We had 2 grand slams & 3 $2 pandakes (2 pancakes), 1 coffee & 2 milkshakes (?!).

It was such a cold & windy day!!! Typical!!! Off to aquatica for 9am opening. Hmm got there & the hours had changed so it opened at 10am!!! Doh!!! Lesson learnt- check the park opening hrs closer to the time we visit. Aquatica website advertises that the opening hrs may change. 

We thought we would go to SeaWorld over road to do a couple of things before going into Aquatica. Somehow I got dragged onto Manta & Krakken!!! Oh I didn't really enjoy them but I'm a bit of a chicken. The rest of the fam LOVED them both!!! They reckon Manta ties with RRR as best coaster. We noticed how much quieter SeaWorld was in comparison to the Disney parks we'd been to lately! Off to Aquatica to freeze our butts off!!!! Haha. Lined up fo about 10 mins at guest services fo our cabana. Got our wrist bands & off we went.

Now I don't want to whinge but the cabana was a big disappointment!!! It was really just a gazebo & was tucked away in a dark spot....which would be fine if the light worked but it didn't :( We were told someone would fix it but they never did while we were there. The towels were tiny & would just dry a small child!!!! Anyway we went off & did a few slides before deciding we couldn't stand the cold anymore!!!!! The wave pool showed 19c (66F)!!!!

That's damn cold for us Queenslanders!! Lol.

So we got changed & thought we would just head out and suck up the $100 we'd spent on the cabana. It didn't really matter anyway, we'd paid for it before we left home so it was money already gone. The cabana lady asked why we were leaving so soon & when we said we were freezing & the tiny towels wouldn't keep us warm she got her manager. The manager agreed that the towels are pitiful and the weather freezing and seeing we weren't there long she gave us a full refund for the cabana!!! We were not expecting that & were thrilled!!!! We will defs go back in on a warmer day to experience all the slides we missed. We won't book a cabana though lol.

Home to grab magic bands & off to AK for first time!! It was now lunch time and everywhere was super busy so we just got waffles at the waffle stand. $25 for 2 serves of waffles, 2 waters & a coke float. The kids wanted to do Expedition Everest as their first AK ride so as there was no fp available before 6pm we decided to line up. It said 50mins but was more like 40. We all really enjoyed it :) Our photo was a classic as DH & DS were in front of us girls & had their arms up.....DH totally blocked me lol. Too funny haha.

After Everest we headed to do Dinosaur. DS spotted Primeval Whirl & wanted to do it. DH took him on & as DD & I hate spinning we looked in the store opposite. DS was a bit disappointed in PW. The line up for Dinosaur said 40mins & it was 3:05pm. We really wanted to see the parade at 3:45 but joined the line hoping the line wouldn't take that long. Phew...it didn't. We were off by 3:30. It was fun :) So much like Indiana Jones in Disneyland. Luckily we still managed to find a spot for the parade. We were in partial shade behind a family that was sitting down right on the line!! Good score :)

The parade was meh....well to us anyway but we really aren't paradey type people lol but I just wanted to see it. We left straight after the parade. Man how big are the Disney parks car parks!!!!! This was our first time driving to a park and wow....massive!! We didn't lose the car though thank goodness :-)

Home to finally have a relax around our own pool. The water was warm but not too warm so the kids spent a good hour in. DH went for a jog as he reckons he is putting on too much weight lol. Ha I'm just going to worry about it when I get home! I'll get back into my Insanity workouts then.

We all showered and DD drew a restaurant out of a bowl as we couldn't decide where to go haha. She drew out TGIF's. Off we went to the 192. There was a 15 minute wait for a table which was fine....usually a good sign of a good place to eat ;-) Our food was all yummy but wow they defo needed more staff on. It took a very long time for us to place our order let alone actually get our food! DS was so hungry after our very small lunch that he could barely sit up!

I had Hibachi chicken skewers with rice, DH had mixed grill, DS had chicken tenders and fries and DD had a bolognaise pasta dish. We had 2 sodas, 1 water & 1 beer - $95 incl tip. Home then to relax a bit more before our early start tomorrow. DD has a BBB appointment followed by the 4 of us having breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table. Watch this space....I'll let you know what we think.

Thanks for reading along :-) If I can help anyone with any questions, I will try my best ;-)

Mentioned in this post
SeaWorld Orlando
SeaWorld Orlando
29,232 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Aquatica Orlando
Aquatica Orlando
6,689 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Dinosaur
Dinosaur
155 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Cinderella's Royal Table
Cinderella's Royal Table
3,761 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Denny's
Denny's
1,519 Reviews
Orlando, FL
World of Disney
Disney Parks & Activities, Gift & Specialty Shops
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
Disney Parks & Activities, Gift & Specialty Shops
sydney
Level Contributor
762 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aussies doing Orlando...Day 15 Aquatica

Sorry to hear it was awful weather, at least you can visit another day.looking forward to next report. Sounds like you are having a amazing time. Remember though take a day off sometime and do nothing. Lol.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
835 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aussies doing Orlando...Day 15 Aquatica

Really been enjoying your trip reports! I personally didn't enjoy aquatica so wouldn't go back, my my DH loved it. That's really good that they gave you a full refund on the cabana!!

Can't wait for the next installment :)

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
19,007 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aussies doing Orlando...Day 15 Aquatica

Hi AJ still having a brill time I see

That's great customer service at aquatica never been there but have got tickets for November so hope it's not too chilly

Have a great day, can you have a barbie at your villa?

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
9,023 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aussies doing Orlando...Day 15 Aquatica

Friday the 16th was a strikingly dry and cool day near Fort Myers, high of 27 (80 F).

AK's dinosaurs are in an amazing bunch of cycads, which of course aren't labeled because after all, there weren't any people around back then.

Mentioned in this post
Fort Myers Beach
Fort Myers Beach
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
St.Helens,United...
Level Contributor
2,376 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aussies doing Orlando...Day 15 Aquatica

Hi AJ sorry about thd weather but good job on the refund great customer service at least you still had a fun filled day Looking forward to tomorrow's TR all interesting and fun to read

Sue

Dundee, Scotland, UK
Level Contributor
35 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aussies doing Orlando...Day 15 Aquatica

sounds like your having a great time! Gutted about the Cabana though cos we were going to book one for our visit to aquatica, they look great online! Great that you got your money back :)

Fife, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,679 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aussies doing Orlando...Day 15 Aquatica

I agree, great news about the cabana refund. Shame the weather's not so good for you. Did have a small chuckle though. In Scotland if it reaches 19c we all get a bit excited and start wearing shorts and t-shirts and having BBQs lol!

Birmingham, UK
Level Contributor
225 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Aussies doing Orlando...Day 15 Aquatica

We did BBB & breakfast at Cinderellas Table 3 years ago. It's lovely although I didn't recognise my daughter when they had finished with her!

Cheshire
Level Contributor
5,179 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Aussies doing Orlando...Day 15 Aquatica

Loving all your trip reports, great service from Aquatica, did you notice the Australian accents on the loud speakers there ? :)) saving your piccies / blog to read and look at later, better than Sat night tv ! :)

Mentioned in this post
Aquatica Orlando
Aquatica Orlando
6,689 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,391 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Aussies doing Orlando...Day 15 Aquatica

Thanks for the replies :)

Yes we were thrilled with Aquatica's customer service!!! Haha had to laugh at their dismal attempt at Aussie accents over the loud speaker. They should've just hired an Aussie to do it!!!!!

Will try to do a barbie for sure Susie. Our pool area is lovely & so well set up, so it would make for a lovely arv/evening!!!

Off to BBB now. Will report back later.

Check out our pics on my other post!!