We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FatCat's TR part 2.....

lancashire
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
FatCat's TR part 2.....

Sat 10th cont... Yeah really happy Lewis got poll position for the Grand Prix!!! Can now go shopping happy!! Headed to premium outlets at Vineland's, we prefer this one to the other one. Had a good browse around and looked at Converse thinking about Xmas pressure for Nieces and Nephews so will go back later this week to purchase them. Ate in the food court - DH had a chicken burger and I had the Chinese , very good value for $10. We then went to Walmart to re-stock on a couple of things for the villa. Stopped at Twister Treat for ice cream (this is becoming a habit lol). Back to the villa for a while and then we got changed and went to play golf at Pirates Cove on East 192. We didn't park in their car park as we were going to Old Town afterwards so grabbed an early parking spot, this may be worth remembering if you want to visit Old Town as it gets so busy, spaces are like gold dust the later you go. Played golf with me beating DH hands down!! Walked across then to Old Town and looked around the beautiful cars, we didn't stop for the cruise at 8.30pm as we have seen it many times before. We only wanted something light to eat so went to IHOP - I had the chicken pasta and DH had a turkey club sandwich, was $27 including tip and was very nice. Back to the villa and another early night.

Sun 11th - Awake about 7am this morning, not to bad we may sleep till 8am by the time we go home lol !!! Breakfast at the villa and then watched the racing. Result!!! Lewis won so we are happy campers!!! Decided to try and find the Loop shopping centre as we have never been before. Was easy to find - parked up near TJ -Max. DH got a pair of Lee jeans for £13 - really nice. We then decided to walk round and explore. Went to Bath & Body Works to stock up on the refills for the hand sanitisers - 5 for $5. Got 10 and a new holder in a sheep design for my friends niece (very blingy). We were getting peckish by this point so went to Jonny Rockets for lunch. We shared the bacon & cheese fries, I had a smokehouse burger and DH had a chicken club. When mine came the plate was swimming in grease but the burger itself wasn't greasy?? I asked for a fresh roll and just changed it over and it was fine. Cost $27 including drinks and tip. We carried on walking around, should probably have got in the car and driven as its very spread out. Went into Kohl's and got some lovely tea towels for gifts - should have been $7.99 each but were $4. After this we were very hot and tired so back to the villa to cool off in the pool. We couldn't be bothered to head out again so just relaxed and took it easy, snacks for tea. In bed for 9.30pm as we are up early tomorrow.

Mon 12th - Up at 6am as we are off to St Augustine today. Packed up the overnight bag and off to IHOP for breakfast. We set off about 7.45am and after a leisurely drive arrived at 9.45am. Parked in the multi storey near the visitors centre for $10. It was a lovely morning, hot but with a nice cooling breeze. We walked round the walls of the fort as we visited a few years ago and went inside so didn't need to do this again. From there we headed to the marine and looked at the boats and tall ships. To get a better view we walked half way over the bridge of lions - amazing I love it up here. We decided to walk further into the historic part of the city to look at the lovely building. There are a couple of tours you can do and they take you around all the places of interest such as The Flagler Museum, Flagler College, churches etc and is definitely worth doing if its your first trip. Then we walked along George Street where most of the shops, bars and eating places are. We had lunch at the Rendezvous restaurant where they have 250 beers from around the world. I had the Woodchuck cider which is brewed in the US and DH had a Banana bread beer which he gets at home. I had a tuna salad wrap and DH had a club sandwich. Cost $45 including tip - a little expensive but the sandwiches were massive!! After this we decided to head down the coast. We were going to stay at Ormond Beach. It took about 50 minutes to drive down the A1A. We found the hotel - Atlantic Cove and they had a room for us. A good tip if your planning a trip - pick up a Hotel coupons.com brochure and they havgood discounts for walk ins. Checked in and went to look at the room before getting the bags, it was nice and clean and had a lovely view. We went back down to get the bags and while DH did this I upgraded us to the penthouse suite. Its or 20th wedding anniversary in August and we may not get away then as FIL is terminally ill so I thought this would be a nice surprise for DH. Anyway he came back with the bags and we went up in the lift and got off. He was heading down the corridor to the first room when I said were was he going? This is our room now - think he was shocked by what I had done or probably at the price but loved that I had done it for him. Suite was great, like an apartment all to ourselves, I thought it was worth the extra even though it was just for one night. We got changed and headed for the beach - wow it was amazing. We just walked for ages and were shattered by the time we got back to the room. We rested up for a while and then got changed and went to TGI Fridays - the hotel offers a 20% discount with your room card. We both had the flatiron steak, DH had a dessert and I went for an ultimate mudslide cocktail - $52 including tip. Back to the hotel full, tired and happy.

More to follow soon :-)

Mentioned in this post
Flagler College
Flagler College
4,055 Reviews
St. Augustine, FL
Atlantic Cove
Atlantic Cove
239 Reviews
Ormond Beach, FL
World of Disney
Disney Parks & Activities, Gift & Specialty Shops
Blackbird Vintage Music
Gift & Specialty Shops
The Shooting Gallery
Gift & Specialty Shops
Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: FatCat's TR part 2.....

It was our 20th anniversary last week and we had a couple of nights in Saint Augustine, loved every minute of it - perfect 2 night road trip from Orlando

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
lancashire
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: FatCat's TR part 2.....

Thanks Hoosier - think it will be our favourite from now on

KarenLou - happy anniversary hope you had a lovely time :)

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
29,246 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: FatCat's TR part 2.....

Really enjoying your TR waiting for more.

London
Level Contributor
3,855 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: FatCat's TR part 2.....

Great TR, very informative.

Glad you enjoyed your trip 'up north' ha ha.

Thanks for sharing. Going to read part 3 now.

15. Re: FatCat's TR part 2.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, May 17, 2015