We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Magic Kingdom, Disney World vs. Disneyland

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bethlehem...
Level Contributor
39 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Magic Kingdom, Disney World vs. Disneyland

I realize that there is much more to do in Disney World than Disneyland. I am looking, more specifically, for a comparison of just the Magic Kingdom Part of DW to Disneyland. I love love Disneyland, (small world, pirates, space mtn...) but was wondering if there are more rides & attractions in the Magic Kingdom park that Disneyland doesn't have. TX!

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,432 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Magic Kingdom, Disney World vs. Disneyland

You can read through this site:

disneygeek.com/dland_vs_wdw/wdw_dland_attrac…

Disneygeek has a ride by ride comparison and compares the parks in general.

You can also search the forums here and in Anaheim for similar topics.

Bethlehem...
Level Contributor
39 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Magic Kingdom, Disney World vs. Disneyland

TX so much. I am reading it now!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
94 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Magic Kingdom, Disney World vs. Disneyland

I find that its the small differences between the rides that make both parks interesting. For example, Space at MK has a similar car and track design to DL's Matterhorn.

Also, you'll find that if you're familiar with the layout of MK or DL, visiting the other park will occasionally "mess you up" if you try to navigate without a map. The Haunted Mansion is located at opposite sides of the Rivers of America between the two parks. At least once, you'll end up stopping and wondering where Disney "moved the ride".

Bermagui, Australia
Level Contributor
1,997 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Magic Kingdom, Disney World vs. Disneyland

I agree with Hootbag (love the name BTW) there are many differences but they are good. I prefer pirates at WDW but Space Mountain at DL, the latter has different cars. I also like the layout of MK better and there are fewer bottle necks especially around the Jungle Cruise, which at DL ends up just being a people trap as the pathways are so skinny you can't escape!

DL feels different to me though, more magical. I think It's because I'm such a huge Walt fan just knowing that he had the appartment there and walked the parks makes me feel a certain way that MK doesn't. BUT in saying all of this i've returned to WDW way more times than DL, more to see and do and you feel more immersed than at DL.

5. Re: Magic Kingdom, Disney World vs. Disneyland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 08, 2015