We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heelys

London, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Heelys

Hi all,

Will my daughter be allowed to wear Heelys at Theme Parks/shopping Malls?

Orlando
Level Contributor
11,111 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heelys

I think this is where we need the English English to American English dictionary.

If you are talking high heels, I believe one would be insane to wear those in the theme parks for as much walking you will be doing (miles) . Although, as a male, I don't think I would be the expert.

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
19,149 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heelys

They are trainers with wheels on - plug in surffish lol

I don't know the answer but I think they would be pretty dangerous if the parks were busy - strollers are bad enough

Orlando
Level Contributor
11,111 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heelys

Oh, the roller skate shoes. Those are cool, but they don't make them big enough for me. I have seen the kids wear them in the malls. It might be a bit crowded in the theme parks, but I think you can disengage the wheels on those things.

Orlando, Florida
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Heelys

Yes, Heelys are allowed. Of course, make sure she's careful as the theme parks and shopping malls tend to be crowded.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,543 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Heelys

not allowed in the parks

as verification, for Disney, you can see that they are specifically prohibited here

https:/…

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
834 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Heelys

to be honest i wouldnt let anyone wear them in my party and frankly you wouldnt want to either. foot wear is something that needs serious consideration in parks.i wear these. they dry super quick, full air so there comfortable also. to me its a must have for florida

skycatmall.co.uk/images/air-max-2014-002.jpg

sunderland, uk
Level Contributor
1,030 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Heelys

Must admit I would not allow mine to wear them probably due to the fact in my job I have seen several kids with brain injuries down to this type of foot wear after having accidents on them. I would imagine the parks might view them the same as skateboards. I could be wrong but email the parks if you want a sure answer.

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
23,049 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Heelys

No :heelys are not allowedf in the Disney or Universal parks;they are specifically prohibited.They are dangerous to the wearer and to others;try sneakers instead.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
37,367 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Heelys

I haven't even seen them in the stores in a few years -- they've been banned from enough places that they've quite fallen out of favor.

10. Re: Heelys

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 08, 2015