We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just wanted to thank the many people who helped with my...

Presque Isle, ME
10 posts
Save Topic
Just wanted to thank the many people who helped with my...

Just wanted to thank everyone who posted some very usefull advice over the past several months leading up to our family vacation, and to share some of my tips.....We stayed at Homewood Suites Lake Buena Vista for 7 nights begining Feb.17, I thought hotel was great, with full breakfast buffet each morning, managers special in the evenings and very clean, quiet comfortable 2 room suites. The only real draw back was the pool is not heated, but I would definatley stay there again! We did Island of Adventure on Friday, Universal Studios on Saturday, Epcot on Sunday, MGM Studios & Animal Kingdom on Monday, Magic Kingdom on Tuesday and Sea World on Wednesday!! 1st of all folks dont try THAT schedule at home..LOL..THAT WAS BUSY!! I wish we would have just concentrated on a couple of the parks instead of trying to do them all, all thou we had a blast we were wiped right out..But here are a couple of the highlights that I would recomend that people difinately see...Luminations @ Epcot..simply amazing, probably the highlight of the trip..Shamu show @ Sea World was INCREDABLE, fire works @ Magic Kingdom were a sight, SinBad show @ Universal was very good, Twister @ Universal was also very well done, our younger children really enjoyed slime time live @ Universal. I felt that Sea World had the best roller coaster and water ride that we went on during our stay with "Kracken" & "Atlantis". Of the disney parks our kids did enjoy Magic Kingdom the most, all thou exremely crowded they enjoyed it. Personally of all the parks we visited I felt Sea World was the best, no where near as crowded with some great shows and some Awsome rides!! Definatley rent a car, and pick up a $8.00 umbrella stroller at Walmart when you get there, renting strollers is expensive! Also get to the parks early and use Disney's Monorail when hopping from park to park.

Thanks Again!

Magic Kingdom Park
Disney Parks & Activities, Theme Parks
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
Water Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Fort Dodge, Iowa
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Just wanted to thank the many people who helped with my...

Thanks for the report back! We will be going in May so the tips were greatly appreciated. I'm glad you had such a great time!!