We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many days should we spend in each park?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Palm Desert...
Level Contributor
104 posts
178 reviews
Save Topic
How many days should we spend in each park?

Hi

I will be visiting Disney World mid to late September with my husband and 13 yr old son for the first time. We are still in planning stages of the trip, our trip is to only see the 4 Disney parks, so I was wondering what would be enough days to spend leisurely in each park? At this stage we are on a no rushed time frame, as I am trying to plan the length of our entire stay with the time to see all the parks and some shows. After that I will add on a few "time off" days to spend at the hotel pool and re-energise. We are coming a long way from Australia so we would like to see as much as we can while we are there.

Thanks!!

pa
Level Contributor
54,024 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How many days should we spend in each park?

I would plan at the very least, one full day at each of the 4 Parks plus an added 5th day to revisit your favourite or for the Park you weren't able to get round all of ( Epcot is huge, we usually spend a second day there ) you could add a day or two for a Water Park Visit, that can be a nice relaxing day. So at least six days plus a few non park days, up to a total of 7 or 8 days

Of course the more days the better

Are you interested in staying at a Disney Reaort ? There will be Offers and Discounts for the Fall :)

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
3,630 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How many days should we spend in each park?

We come for two weeks and end up going to each park usually twice each. The second time we go back to do our frav rides or the ones we missed or couldn't get on the first time. We usually spread it all out over the holiday doing MK on our first and last day as its our frav park. And go to other places like seaworld, discovery cove and universal inbetween :)

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,311 posts
423 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How many days should we spend in each park?

For the four Disney parks I'd say 5-7 days to really enjoy them and don't leave out the water parks. You can do the four parks in fewer days, but as you said, you are coming a long way.

There is a countryman (or is it countryperson?) of yours doing an amazing trip report on their time in WDW right now. I'd start with Day 1 and read through Day 11 (where they are as of today).

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g34515-i19-k742095…

There is so much good information in her recounting of the days.

Indiana
Level Contributor
1,497 posts
348 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How many days should we spend in each park?

Ideally I like to do 5 days in the 4 parks. We don't park hop, so we spend a full day in each park and then an extra day in the Magic Kingdom.

I could easily spend an extra day at Hollywood Studios and Epcot. We always run out of time and miss shows and rides at each of those parks.

Boston
Level Contributor
112 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How many days should we spend in each park?

Where your son is a teenager, I think one day at each park should do it. Particularly in Magic Kingdom, there are many rides and attractions geared for very young Disney fans that your son most likely will not be interested in (carousel and rides like that). Additionally, EPCOT's World Showcase will have a lot there that will go over his head, unless he is a big culture/history person. In my experience Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios are great for all ages, but Magic Kingdom has a lot that is just below a teen interest level, and Epcot has a lot that is just above it. Of course it's Disney, and there is PLENTY in those two places for a 13 year old and his parents to love, you just may not care to see every last attraction there.

6. Re: How many days should we spend in each park?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 15, 2015