We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Close Airport hotel - not too expensive, not a dive.

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
killarney, mb...
Level Contributor
182 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Close Airport hotel - not too expensive, not a dive.

My husband and I are flying into Orlando in February to go to the Daytona 500. Our flight arrives late so we thought we would stay in a hotel close to the airport and grab a rental to drive up to Daytona in the morning. Anyone have any recommendations on a nice, clean, close to the airport, not too expensive of a hotel for one night? (not asking much eh! - yes I am from Canada!)

Thanks in advance.

new york
Level Contributor
1,718 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Close Airport hotel - not too expensive, not a dive.

Can"t say for sure, but I think you will have a hard time finding anything cheap for that weekend because of Daytona and Presidents week.

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Close Airport hotel - not too expensive, not a dive.

Marriott Courtyard has a good location and I've used it several times. It isn't as well run as many Marriotts. There are several other budget options right in that area, less expensive than Courtyard, but this is the only one I've used.

New York
Level Contributor
89 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Close Airport hotel - not too expensive, not a dive.

We stayed at the Wingate Inn, right near the airport. We got it through Hotwire for $50, and it was perfect. Free internet, and free breakfast, nice rooms and very clean. Didnt get a chance to check anything else out.! We will be staying there again next year the night before we fly home.

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
19,293 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Close Airport hotel - not too expensive, not a dive.

The Embassy Suites is wonderful, I don't know what their price would be when you go but it's $116 a night now. There's also an excellent Holiday Inn Select at the airport you can usually get for under $100.

New York
Level Contributor
89 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Close Airport hotel - not too expensive, not a dive.

We stayed at the Wingate right near the airport, last Feb for 1 night before our flight. It was great. Very clean, free internet, great free breakfast. and got it through Hotwire for $50. Fantastic value. Read the reviews! We are staying there again next year.

Level Contributor
221 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Close Airport hotel - not too expensive, not a dive.

I just got the Holiday Inn Select through Hotwire for $56.00/night.

It's a 3 star, pool, and there are several restaurants within walking distance. They have a shuttle. You notice it indicated in the ammenities when looking on hotwire.

killarney, mb...
Level Contributor
182 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Close Airport hotel - not too expensive, not a dive.

Thanks for all the advise everyone - I really appreciate it. That sure helps me with a place to start looking.

Thanks again.

8. Re: Close Airport hotel - not too expensive, not a dive.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:30 am, August 12, 2009