We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone done something stupid in florida!

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
wigan
Level Contributor
3,546 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone done something stupid in florida!

Hi all, The last time we visited we waited ages to get on Toy story mania and I went through the whole ride with my 3d glasses still on the top of my head.... hmmm I thought everything was blurred.

I also went to Typhoon lagoon and didn't realise you had to have a talk with a lifeguard about safety and how to calmly enter the water at shark reef ,I belly flopped in the exit and was splashing away when I could here someone saying 'madam please get out of the water' ...then I realised the lifeguard was talking to me .My husband was stood on the bridge shaking his head at me in disgust.

Has anyone else done daft things whilst in Florida....and hopefully I will avoid doing them also this time.

Marish

Berkshire, United...
Level Contributor
389 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
61. Re: Anyone done something stupid in florida!

I have done too many silly things to remember!

One that really sticks out in my mind was not actually me but my mum - and to be fair it wasn't her fault - and we do laugh about it now (not so much at the time!)...anyway, we were at wet n wild, and 4 of us were going on the family raft thing. We were all getting sat down, but my mum wasn't holding on to the handles when the lifeguard just kicked our raft off without even looking to see if we were ready. My mum went flying out of the raft and we were all screaming (as was she) as we floated down in the raft, and she came whizzing down, out of the raft, behind us.

My goodness I have never seen a lifeguard (at the bottom of the ride) look so worried. My mum was luckily ok, but she did hurt her back. Wet n Wild had the paramedics out and it created a huge scene. The ride was closed for ages, and loads of people came over to see if she was ok! She was so embarrassed, as loads of people had seen the whole thing. Wet n Wild refunded all of our tickets (there were 7 of us - so not bad!) and gave us all a free pass to come back(!).

As a say - its something we all laugh about now, but at the time it was a little scary!!!

Lincoln, Rhode...
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Reply
62. Re: Anyone done something stupid in florida!

When you're in a campground, generally the Ladies room is on the right side of the building, the Men's room on the left with the laundry room in the middle. We were staying at Fort Wilderness and I went down to the restrooms at 6:3t0 am to use the courtesy phone to phone family members staying on site at a hotel to firm up breakfast plans. While I was there I used the Ladies room and when I was washing my hands , I noticed a handicapped sink that was low to the floor. When I left the Ladies Room, there was a man going in the same direction from which I just came. I looked at the signs I realized it was not the Ladies room and that was not a handicapped sink!!!! Now it's funny, but at the time I was mortified!!! lol

Trowbridge, United...
Level Contributor
453 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
63. Re: Anyone done something stupid in florida!

my parents were staying at our villa for a week with us , they had they own hire car, we when to go out one day and as my dad in his 70 not sure of where he was going often followed us in their hire car, as he started to reverse off the drive of our villa first, we waited and watched,

he only reversed and knocked over next door neighbours post box , luckily as he pulled forward it stood back up fairly straight , but he thought that we had not seen him do it and when we got to shopping mall we asked him where did the small dent come from in the back of car . he just said what dent???

after a few days he owned up to us .

Chelmsford, United...
Level Contributor
410 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
64. Re: Anyone done something stupid in florida!

Me & OH was one of those that lost our car in the parking garage at universal :o

Worse thing was we had been do many times before and I am quite OCD about taking a picture of the lot we were parked in but this one particular time we didn't. I was determined not to get help but it took over half an hour to find it walking up and down the aisles, the security people must have had a right laugh at us walking up and down the aisles!

65. Re: Anyone done something stupid in florida!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 27, 2015