We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party -October

Fife, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,675 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party -October

So excited, I have just booked the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert party for my first choice of dates, so thanks again to Aussienic for starting the September thread and letting me know the dates were starting to appear. I had previously thought it would not be released because it's a special event until nearer the time but seems to be doing 180 days now.

However it was not as straightforward as other ADRs and I thought I'd share my experience for those of you still wanting to book. It is booking up to 15th October today. I could not get it to come up at all on either of the My Disney Experience apps (iPad and iPhone) just kept saying view menu. I was using the normal website https:/… on the iPad but it kept telling me there was no availability. Then tried on the iPhone, exact same website (I think) https:/… and it allowed me to book my date! Weird or what? However I then noticed in my booking confirmation email that we had only paid for 2 adults and it stated an infant in booking? Looked on app and it had changed my 9 year old son into an infant with a birthday of 28th March 2014??? Very bizarre! Tried to amend my booking on line (apps and website) but it would not let me so phoned Disney on 0800 169 0730 (Thanks to USLovers who had posted this free phone number on an old post, which I found by googling!) It was sorted out and I was able to pay for my son. I then had a look at my son and tried to fix his birthday. I could not amend this on the My Disney Experience website or on the iPhone app but it let me fix him on the iPad app! All very odd indeed! Anyway I guess to sum it up, if you want to book, it's worth trying a few options lol!

Magic Kingdom Park
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
Water Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,667 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party -October

The Disney tech bugs strike again. So glad you were able to sort this out, but it's very apparent there's still lots of bugs in this reservation system.

Glad you got the booking you wanted, even if you did have to jump through lots of hoops!! :>)

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
11,952 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party -October

Great news.

Thanks for the post, I'm sure it will be valuable to those with similar "bug" issues.

I'm sure you'll love it when you get there:-):-):-)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,391 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party -October

It's quite funny.....I booked ours for Mother's Day a while ago & had no trouble at all :-)

The bugs must have come since then. So glad you were able to sort it out. I think it will most definately be worth the hassle for you. Enjoy :-)

Edited: 4:56 am, April 19, 2014
Fife, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,675 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party -October

I know it was very odd! Cannot wait though, it made my day booking that and receiving my suitcase ribbons lol!

Wake Forest
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party -October

After trying about 2-3 times a day for over a month, I was able to make a reservation for early May! Persistence pays off. For those of you that are still attempting ADRs, I would suggest trying early in the morning (for those people that cancel late at night).

Fife, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,675 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party -October

Just looked at my cc statement and thought I'd let you know that 2 adults and 1 child for this event cost me £41.86! I am delighted with this, I am sure it will be worth it!

7. Re: Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party -October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 24, 2015