We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

villa - taxi to attractions

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
150 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
villa - taxi to attractions

Hi we are looking at Orlando next year but don't like car hire, is it possible to stay in a villa and use taxis to Get to Disney and other attractions. If it is what areas should I be looking at haven't a clue where to start.Thanks in advance :-)

Magic Kingdom Park
Disney Parks & Activities, Theme Parks
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
Water Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: villa - taxi to attractions

Doing some research will say yes but can be very expensive. They do I-ride transport and lynx bus service. Or you can get the mears bus which picks you up and drops you off. Cheaper then taxis but dearer the lynx shuttle and iride hope it helps :)

South Lanarkshire...
Level Contributor
4,980 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: villa - taxi to attractions

The I ride trolley only runs along International Drive, there are no villas located along this route. I would NOT stay in a villa without a car. Is there no one in your party who can drive ?

Using taxis all the time would work out very expensive

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,451 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: villa - taxi to attractions

"Anything is possible". But this would be foolishly expensive and inconvenient.

It's simple. Villa = car rental

If you don't want to or can't drive seek a vacation club property or suite hotel with shuttles and or on a bus route instead.

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
18,570 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: villa - taxi to attractions

It's not just the parks and attractions you need a car for when staying in a villa it's the shops and places to eat

Lots of villa communities are miles away from a supermarket you can't just pop out to the shops there's no public transport

If no one in your party can drive a villa isn't viable and you will need to look at hotels

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
16,354 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: villa - taxi to attractions

You most definitely need a car if you are going to stay in a villa.

Fife, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,677 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: villa - taxi to attractions

I agree, a car is essential in a villa!

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: villa - taxi to attractions

Driving in Orlando is easy. Car hire is cheap. Please do not contemplate hiring a villa without hiring a car. My wife and I are in our 60's - if we can drive I'm sure you can. I f you are worried about directions hire a Tom Tom from Ebay before you go - NOT from the car hire company. Check out floridacarhire.com for great car hire rates - if you find cheaper they will beat it.

If you have not booked your villa homeaway have some superb properties. Davenport is a great area and the properties on Calabay Parc are really nice.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,751 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: villa - taxi to attractions

as said in post 3, no ca then no villa. you'd be stranded in a nightmare holiday.

Driving in the usa is very easy, and easier than the UK. But if you insist on not renting a car, and want a villa like experience, look at staying off Idrive in a condo resort where you can use the public bus system.

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
150 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: villa - taxi to attractions

Thank you everyone might consider hotel or me drive got to save up first :-)

isle of wight
Level Contributor
8,842 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: villa - taxi to attractions

As already said if your not driving forget renting a Villa instead look at Lake Buena Vista there are some really nice timeshare apartments there which can be up to 4 bedrooms plus a large pool some are within a 10 minute walk to DTD .