We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney Ticket Prices Going Up

Florida
Level Contributor
2,919 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Disney Ticket Prices Going Up

There is a brief article on the orlandosentinel.com website, in the business section, that says Disney is raising it's gate prices effective Sunday, August 6th. All of the Magic Your Way tickets will be increasing. I would guess that the prices on their website will go up as well. No mention was made of price increases for annual passes, but I'm getting mine renewed tomorrow, just in case.

staffordshire,UK
Level Contributor
899 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Disney Ticket Prices Going Up

Bssd -

Nice of you to consider us Brit's!

I think,for the first-timers and the like,Disney is a 'must-do' at almost any price.

Where I think they may lose out a little,long term,is on the returning visitors.These may decide to be more selective over which Disney parks to visit,and how often.

Universal etc. are extremely good value when compared with Disney for multi-day tickets.

If Disney offer good value multi-day tickets,then I think people will continue to visit all parks regularly.

Also,they should invest the extra revenue in more 'state-of-the-art' attractions which,in my opinion,they are a little lacking compared to Universal.

new york
Level Contributor
1,718 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Disney Ticket Prices Going Up

Well you would think they would be able to modernize a little bit after raising prices by 22% since 2004! I am not that familiar with there hotel pricing, having only stayed there once in 2002. Do they raise the hotel prices that often there?

staffordshire,UK
Level Contributor
899 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Disney Ticket Prices Going Up

Bssd -

Don't know how often they raise hotel rates in the UK,but can confirm that they're generally extortionate to start with!

new york
Level Contributor
1,718 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Disney Ticket Prices Going Up

I guess my hotel rate raise posting was confusing. Sorry, what I meant to ask is if the Disney Resort hotel rates go up that often?

Manchester, NH
Level Contributor
204 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Disney Ticket Prices Going Up

My 7 day Magic Your Way w/Park Hopper and No Expiration options cost me $296.07 on 12/17/05. That same ticket today would cost $367.43. That's an increase of over 24% ($71.36) in less than 9 months. I understand that the market sets this price and Disney is a corporation trying to maximize it's profits for it's shareholders but this seems a bit obscene to me. I LOVE Disney, but when I return (I have 3 days left on these tickets) I'm going to have to consider the many other options available in Orlando.

Florida
Level Contributor
2,919 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Disney Ticket Prices Going Up

I would consider those options fast. The rumor mill in Orlando is already rumbling with stories that Universal is about to follow Disney as far as ticket prices go. If they do, Sea World won't be far behind. None of them want to be considered the "discount" theme park. My personal opinion is that we will see increases from the other two parks no later than October 1, depending on how the peak of hurricane season goes.

17. Re: Disney Ticket Prices Going Up

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 am, August 15, 2009