We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fun wtih 2 yr old

Kentucky
9 posts
Save Topic
fun wtih 2 yr old

Traveling with 2 yr old for wk in Florida. How should we plan for our week. We are staying at Sand Castle I in Indian Shores. We are planning on Busch Gardens and Seaworld. Any suggestions on days and other activities.

Scranton...
Level Contributor
2,473 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fun wtih 2 yr old

We traveled to Orlando last fall with a nine and two-year old. We did not go to Busch Gardens ot Seaworld, but I will let you know where we did go.

Animal Kingdom: My daughter loves animals, so the Safari ride was a lot of fun for her. She also liked the Tryceratops Spin, and the Boneyard where she burned off some energy while digging in the sand. The Rainforest Cafe was a great choice for lunch because of the fun atmosphere and animals. We did not watch any of the shows, but when we go back this November, we will watch some of the shows, plus she should be tall enough for the Kali River Rapid ride.

Magic Kingdom: Of all the Disney parks, this one is suited best for the younger kids. However, my daughter slept most of the time we were here, and overall, she did not enjoy it. Small World was cute for her, Dumbo was fun. She rode the Indy 500 ride with my husband and she could "drive".

Universal Studios: My daughter had the best time at this park!! She did the Jimmy Neutron ride, Shrek, E.T. What's great about the rides there is that they have accomodations for the younger kids. For example, the seats in the front row for the Jimmy Neutron ride do not move. This was great because the bouncy seats might have made my daughter nervous, but she was still able to enjoy the ride.

Another thing that is great about Universal Studios is the shows. The Jack Hanna animal show is fun, plus they have a Barney show. There is also a playground there with teeter totters, ball pit, slides, etc. And, there is a water play area, which was great because the adults could rest for a few minutes while the kids cooled off.

Scranton...
Level Contributor
2,473 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fun wtih 2 yr old

After having traveled to Orlando with a 2-year old, my biggest piece of advice would be to keep your expectations low. I thought my youngest was going to have a blast, but she didn't even like the ride on the monorail. I think two is a young age to go to Orlando, but if you make some minor adjustments to your schedule, it will work out fine. After we visited one park, we would take the next day off and hang around the pool or playground. We are planning on upcoming November trip to Orlando, and I can't wait!!

When is your trip? Please post a trip report when you return. This year, we are planning on doing SeaWorld, so I would love to hear your opinion on it!! Best of luck- you will have a blast!

3. Re: fun wtih 2 yr old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 am, August 15, 2009