We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Petty Driving School

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
53 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Petty Driving School

I want to treat my husband to the Petty Driving School as my present to him for our 20th wedding anniversary. Does anyone know.....How much it costs and is it worth it?

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
38,717 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Petty Driving School

Prices vary depending on what experience you want. A "ride along" is only a little over $100, but if you want him to be able to drive the car himself, it well over $400 to start.

Here is a link to some information on this including the prices for each experience:

http://allearsnet.com/btp/petty.htm

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Petty Driving School

www.1800bepetty.com

I would say if he is a NASCAR fan, and I'm sure he is or you wouldn't be thinking about it, he will really enjoy it. I did the ride along where someone else drives. I think it was 3 laps around Daytona. Being a big race fan and having been to many races at Daytona it was neat to actually be on the track! VERY well worth the $99 (at that time) I spent.

The cost can go up into the thousands, that would be where he is driving himself, and some in-class sessions. They go to different tracks but I would suggest to get him in at a track the big boys actually race at, then when he watches that race every year, or twice a year, he will ALWAYS remember his experience.

Also, other drivers have similar deals you may want to check also.

www.jeffgordonracingschool.com

www.dalejarrettracingschool.com

Is it worth it? You will be scoring MAJOR points !!!!

Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Petty Driving School

Here is some good information for you - including prices:

buildabettermousetrip.com/activity-rpde.html

Scroll down to the bottom of the page for information about discounts.

4. Re: Petty Driving School

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, August 14, 2009