We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ponderosa bad review

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
birmingham
Level Contributor
270 posts
Save Topic
ponderosa bad review

saw acouple of really bad reviews for the ponderosa on other websites; as we had planned on eating there mostly; we would appreciate any feedback on the place

Essex
Level Contributor
331 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: ponderosa bad review

Hi agian James (I have become addicted to this site!)

Ruby Tuesdays is kind of like TGI but a bit chaeper - i too know what i like and that is plain food that hasn't had too much gigery pokery done to it!lol.

Its kinda like ribs, chicken, fries, chicken wings, burgers, pasta(i think?!) and loads of lovely deserts. they also do lovely lemonaides YUM. also their spicy and HOT BBQ sauces are a must if you like it.

My other half had a portion of hot Wings to start and then the Spicy BBQ Sauce coated chicken strip with chips for main and by the time he finihsed he was sweeting hot and couldn't get enoght drink down him! lol it was a funny sight!

I found their web site once by gooling it by just typing in Ruby Tuesday's and on the site you can see prices/ locations/ menues etc. If you wanna check it out there is a good one in the Florida Mall and also a great on in Kissimmee near old town.

enjoy - if you have any other Q's post it and i will try to keep an eye on it :)

G

England
Level Contributor
284 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: ponderosa bad review

James imo it would be such a shame if you didnt try ponderosa at least once. I have been going to florida since 1998 and have never had a bad meal in one yet. I always find the food amazing for the price and great service. At home i am a healthy eater so there is no way i would eat complete crap on holiday. However saying that you are on holiday!

Its up to you what you eat when you go and to be honest the bacon and stuff is no more greasy then the average fry up in the uk. If you dont want fried foods there are lots of other options. My mum always has the oatmeal and i often have cerals and fruit. I would def say try it once.

Imo Pond rules for brekkie although i prefer Golden Corral for dinner.

Another cheap but decent buffet is CICIS pizza buffet.. Great food, pizza, pasta, salad and dessert for $4.49. Really clean too.

birmingham
Level Contributor
270 posts
Save Reply
43. Re: ponderosa bad review

hi pink ; its amazing how radically different views people can have. we had decided on the ponderosa cause of good things people had said on this site, then a couple of bad reviews popped up, i ask a question and theres a deluge of negativity with only a couple of good things said. guess its a matter of taste, we have all but crossed the pond off as a lost cause, but hey u never know we matter try our luck and take our first aid kit with us

birmingham
Level Contributor
270 posts
Save Reply
44. Re: ponderosa bad review

hi pink;again, was it a particular pond you ate at, they have lots all over orlando, perhaps it depends on which one you go to; when was the last time you went

England
Level Contributor
284 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: ponderosa bad review

The one we go to is the one on i drive by wet and wild. And again like i said find it fantastic. I'd say just give it a try on one of your first days there and if you really hate it you wont have to go there again for the rest of the hol!!

Also go outside and you will see a queue out the door and it will be packed, i think that speaks for its self!!

When are you going and where are you staying?

England
Level Contributor
284 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: ponderosa bad review

Oops missed the last bit, the last time we went was last october. Due to go again september.

quebec, canada
Level Contributor
261 posts
Save Reply
47. Re: ponderosa bad review

If you are having a Steak dinner, it's fine. The salad bar is also good but the rest of the buffet is not good. Breakfast was horrible. We drove from Ottawa Canada so we had many occasions to stop at fast food restaurants and let me tell you the service was horrible, I've never seen so many workers with no people skills whatsoever. Even on the main street in Kissimmee you could not get a smile from anybody. So if you want a good steak and salad then go to Ponderosa but skip the rest of the buffet.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
412 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: ponderosa bad review

hey pink,

just because there queue's out the door does not mean its a good place to eat i bet if you asked most of them none of them have hired the car on offer with there holiday and its the closest buffet to there hotels and as most will be brit's (seem's only Brits stay on i-drive) there on a tight buget so they eat there cause it cheap and not that the food's good.

Haggis

49. Re: ponderosa bad review

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, August 15, 2009