We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Port Orleans Riverside Concerns

Cape Coral, FL
Level Contributor
41 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Port Orleans Riverside Concerns

Hi, im going to be staying im POR the seccond week of August, and I as hoping someone could help me out with a little concern. Ive been reading all the reviews all over the web and yes i realize that the resort is spread out, but thats not a problem for thoes of us that are going (all in our 20's). My concern is with the rooms. Iv read contrasting reviews that some say the rooms are wonderful, and some make the resort sound like id be better off in the Motel 6. Can anyone help me out with this one?

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
429 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Port Orleans Riverside Concerns

I am one of those who posted a negative review. I stayed in the Mansion section in May, Oak Manor I believe. My room was old, worn, and downright dirty. The AC unit was not just dirty, but filthy. I had a cough for weeks and suspect mold might be the culprit. The bedding was worn and stained and did not fit the bed. I don't think my expectations were too high. This is Disney and I expect clean and functional. Is that too high? I travel a lot on business and have stayed in Days Inns and Comfort Inns that were far superior. I had family members with acceptable rooms in POR at the same time. I truly believe it depends on the room....recently renovated or not? When was it last housecleaned? What is the quality of the assigned housekeeping staff?

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Port Orleans Riverside Concerns

Dont now about riverside, we stayed on french quarter last year and staying there again this year as we found it lovly.

23. Re: Port Orleans Riverside Concerns

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, August 13, 2009