We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Distance between Dolphin hotel and Disney Beach Club Resort

Charlotte
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Distance between Dolphin hotel and Disney Beach Club Resort

Does anyone know distance b/t Dolphin and Beach Club resort? Is it within walking distance? Conf. at Dolphin but Beach Club looking like a better place to stay. Perhaps there is transportation from Beach Club to Dolphin?

Thanks.

maine
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Distance between Dolphin hotel and Disney Beach Club Resort

Disney runs a boat between the Dolphin/Swan Disney Studios Boardwalk and Yacht/Beachclub. The entire loop took about 30 minutes when we went in oct 2005. The boat I went on went in the order I listed above so dolphin to beach club is 3 stops but beach club to dolphin is about 5-10 minutes by boat.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
215 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Distance between Dolphin hotel and Disney Beach Club Resort

Here's a link that gives you info on transportation times . . .

www.ourlaughingplace.com/asp/twiz.asp…

By car it takes 6mins

Boat - 10mins

Bus - 12mins

It did not say anything about walking over though. Hope it helps.

Florida
Level Contributor
2,919 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Distance between Dolphin hotel and Disney Beach Club Resort

I've walked from the BC to the Dolphin many, many times. It takes about 15 minutes, if you don't rush. If it's really warm outside, I cut through the Yacht Club resort to stay in the air conditioning. You just walk along the lake past the YC. Then you can either cross the lake on the bridge (which brings you out by the Swan and then you walk across to the Dolphin) or there's a small sidewalk to the right just before the bridge that takes you to the Dolphin in kind of a roundabout way. I figure it's about the same walking distance either way, but you have to walk uphill to go over the bridge and you don't if you take the sidewalk. If you do take the sidewalk, though, look and see if their lawn sprinklers are on first.

Charlotte
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Distance between Dolphin hotel and Disney Beach Club Resort

Thanks everyone for your helpful information!

Manchester N.H.
Level Contributor
11,462 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Distance between Dolphin hotel and Disney Beach Club Resort

Hi Ivory,

Beach club IS a better place to stay.If your company will pick up the tab for it, grab a room .It has such a fun atmosphere, and you'll really appreciate it after "meetings and such" if ya know what I mean?

Enjoy

WV
Level Contributor
566 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Distance between Dolphin hotel and Disney Beach Club Resort

You could walk from those resorts. The epcot resorts are within walking distance - no problem!

7. Re: Distance between Dolphin hotel and Disney Beach Club Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 am, August 13, 2009