We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

animal kingdom lodge rooms

michigan
Level Contributor
188 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
animal kingdom lodge rooms

Are the savanna view rooms worth the premium? are the animals easily visable? are they out early enough to view them before heading to breakfast and the parks?

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
510 Reviews
from $54.99*
$59.00
Special Offer
Icon Orlando, Madame Tussauds, and...
21 Reviews
from $51.99*
$87.87
Crystal River Snorkeling, Everglades...
155 Reviews
from $118.99*
pa
Level Contributor
55,111 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: animal kingdom lodge rooms

We have more often then not just booked a standard room because 1) not "all" the Animals are viewable from a Savannah View Room 2) we don't spend hours and hours sitting on the balcony anyway 3) you can view many Animals from many other locations at the Resort 4) we would rather spend the money on other things

With that said, we have been upgraded, for free, to a Savannah View Room, more times at the AKL then any other Resort

more AKL info, if interested

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3158918

Indiana
Level Contributor
1,568 posts
559 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: animal kingdom lodge rooms

I'd get a room with a view if you can swing it. It's one of the cool perks of staying there.

As far as the animals go, the Disney Restort Special on Destination America said the animals are out 22 hour a day. I've seen zebras and giraffes from the pool area when we walked around the resort a few years back.

Edited: 4:11 pm, March 14, 2014
Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
14,469 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: animal kingdom lodge rooms

We always book Savanna Room :-):-)

We have been going to AKL & AKV for years & wouldn't get a standard room, just love sitting on the balcony gazing over the Savanna, with a nice cool "drink" in hand;-);-);-)

UK
Level Contributor
84 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: animal kingdom lodge rooms

I like sitting on the very small balcony first thing in the morning and watching the animals while I have a coffee or two and read the newspaper. The kids also like to see the animals at night. There are different Savannah areas and you cannot see them all from one room.

5. Re: animal kingdom lodge rooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 18, 2015