We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orlando to Nashville

Scotland
Level Contributor
189 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Orlando to Nashville

Im going to Orlando 2015 for 3 weeks and was thinking of taking a few days to go to Nashville in the middle as its my 50th birthday.

How realistic do you think this is, not sure to fly up or drive?

Thanks

Dee

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
510 Reviews
from $54.99*
$59.00
Crystal River Snorkeling, Everglades...
155 Reviews
from $118.99*
Special Offer
Icon Orlando, Madame Tussauds, and...
21 Reviews
from $51.99*
$87.87
Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
18,874 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Orlando to Nashville

This is not really an Orlando destination question. If thinking of driving, post it on the Road Trips forum. tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12567-Road_Tri…

If thinking of flying, it's strictly up to you. Your call.

Scotland
Level Contributor
189 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Orlando to Nashville

Hi, I understand what you are saying and will post on your link thanks, though I am staying in Orlando for three weeks holiday and its not a Nashville destination question either or a road trip if I fly so thought I would post here first.

Bolton, Canada
Level Contributor
450 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Orlando to Nashville

Doable but a 10 to 12 hr straight drive, Id f you rented a car would obviously be cheapest way to go, plan on taking 2 days to get there and two days back, so probably will be 2 weeks Orlando/1 week trip for nashville.

Metro Orlando
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
4,393 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Orlando to Nashville

If it's somewhere you want to go, go for it. I've gone through Nashville on the way up to St. Louis. We usually stop just North of Atlanta for the night, but I'd proably just drive straight through if I were only going that far. The main thing to be concerned about is Atlanta traffic. It's awful anywhere near a weekday rush hour, so you should plan around those. It's a simple and easy drive, at least as easy as 12 hours in the car can be.

Metro Orlando
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
4,393 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Orlando to Nashville

Oh, and two things to also look into are mileage limits on the rental car and any retrictions on taking it out of state. I've heard some companies don't allow that, but I've ever really checked.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Treasure Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
5,981 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Orlando to Nashville

thats a nice birthday present, canny drive like, see if its cheaper to fly, hope it works out for you...

Scotland
Level Contributor
189 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Orlando to Nashville

Thanks for your replies, will look at taking car out of state costs and also flights. Even more planning than my normal trip to Orlando!

Dee

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
19,961 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Orlando to Nashville

The only out of state excess I have seen is driving to New York but check anyway

Sounds like a great idea

What makes me laugh is that we don't turn a hair about driving long distances in the US but I regularly drive from Scotland to Liverpool and hate every mile on the M6

It's all about the wide open roads :-))

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Treasure Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
5,981 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Orlando to Nashville

i drive for a living, but thats a good way, but, try sky scanner and see if you can get an idea of prices, deffo worth a shot...

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
672 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Orlando to Nashville

Not a problem if you have 2 drivers, I've done many road trips including Orlando to New Orleans and back. Just do your homework on what interstates you need to use and work out the distance using the calculator on google maps. If 2 are driving, I would have a stop over on the way there and do it in one hit on the way back. I've been to Nashville, if you like music you will enjoy 2nd Street and Broadway, you can also ride a stern wheeler paddle boat on the river.......good luck.