We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunterra Cypress Pointe or Cypress Pointe GRAND for couple

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
cmitch9999
Level Contributor
5 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Sunterra Cypress Pointe or Cypress Pointe GRAND for couple

Hi

we will be in Orlando for 4 nites over the Labor Day weekend.. I have seen rates on hotelkingdom for both these resorts. Looks like the GRAND 1 br is bigger as well as has a kitchen avail (+ $5 more per nite) The reviews however sound better for the original Cypress point that is smaller and has no kitchen due to recent renovations being done on the units there.

Has anyone had experience with the studio at the original Cypress pointe.. as well as the 1 br at the Cypress Pointe Grand villas? and can say which is the better way to go.

We would not really need the kitchen tho it might be a ++ to have.. we are looking for comfortable-- King or Queen bed.. and nice as piorities.

thank you

Florida
Level Contributor
2,919 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunterra Cypress Pointe or Cypress Pointe GRAND for couple

The one thing that sticks in my mind is that the bathrooms in the original section of Cypress Pointe didn't have any door on them - at all. No privacy whatsoever. That doesn't matter to some people, but there are times when a person just wants a little privacy. Maybe the renovation included adding doors, but someone who has visited more recently would have to say.

Heidelberg, Germany
Level Contributor
2 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunterra Cypress Pointe or Cypress Pointe GRAND for couple

I only have been to Cypress Point Grand Villas: we had a 1 brs which is only sufficient for a couple, not more. Even though I think there was a door to the bathroom - the toilet is seperate any how - so no bid deal. Have a look at the pictures in the cypress point reviews, and on the cypress point website - there you will find sketches on the layout. The beauty of Cypress point is when you take the two bdr or three bedroom (which is a two and a three bdr put together). Then you have a wonderful vaccation appartment.

3. Re: Sunterra Cypress Pointe or Cypress Pointe GRAND for couple

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, August 13, 2009