We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ace Rent-a-Car

Iowa
Level Contributor
214 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
Ace Rent-a-Car

Is anyone familiar with Ace Rent-a-car? Trying to reserve a car on Priceline in Orlando and it is offering Ace. There are some older posts on this subject, but was hoping for something more current.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
42,485 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ace Rent-a-Car

Anyone had experience with this company who could advise the poster?

Iowa
Level Contributor
10,328 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ace Rent-a-Car

I have never used Ace but would consider them if necessary. They have been around for a long time.

More importantly, why are you booking thru Priceline? Car reservations are usually best booked direct with the car company. No credit card needed to book and the rate can be lowered if the rate falls. Never pre-pay.

What dates are you looking for?

Iowa
Level Contributor
214 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ace Rent-a-Car

Thanks hawkeyetough. As it turned out we did reserve direct with Ace. Yes....I agree - never pre-pay. My son is always using Priceline and steered me that direction. Glad Ace has been around awhile.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
10 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ace Rent-a-Car

How was your experience? I'm looking for a speedy check out as we are arriving late in the day and want to check in quickly and get to the park.

thanks,

Banbridge, United...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Ace Rent-a-Car

DONT RENT THERE!!! They are a total rip off. They overcharged me for liability insurance then said they couldn't take it off without a manager that was out of office for 3 days. I didn't catch it until after I signed and then they wouldn't let me cancel because I had signed the contract. Despite finding the billing error. They kept my money and gave me a banged up car on top of it.

Iowa
Level Contributor
10,328 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ace Rent-a-Car

LOL- You edited your complaint.

Stop spamming the forum Tig.

Banbridge, United...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Ace Rent-a-Car

They are rubbish! Terrible customer service and a history of overcharging without correcting their "errors". I've found countless others who have reported on other forums of been overcharged, provided with banged up cars and had poor experiences. They all complained about the orlando branch. I hope no one else gets ripped off.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
29,282 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ace Rent-a-Car

That's why you only rent at the major companies end of story.

Metro Orlando
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
4,284 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ace Rent-a-Car

Unfortunately folks seem to complain about all the rental car companies. But, the majors are probably a little better.

If you can, join the loyalty program of one or two of the large companies and use them. That lets you do most of the rental work online ahead of time and you usually get to bypass the pesky agents who are the cause of most of the problems.

10. Re: Ace Rent-a-Car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:35 pm, June 27, 2014