We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Attractions not worth queuing for?

Gainsborough...
Level Contributor
314 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Attractions not worth queuing for?

After reading LiverpoolOllies trip reports and his comments regarding the Captain EO show it has got me wondering if there any other shows/rides/attrations that are not worth queuing up for, or are only worth experiencing, if you can walk straight on?

Can I have your opinions so we can possibly build a list which may help first time visitors save some valuable holiday time?

Thanks

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
477 reviews
from $54.99*
$59.00
Kennedy Space Center and Everglades...
188 reviews
from $128.99*
Crystal River Manatee Snorkeling and...
131 reviews
from $118.99*
Special Offer
Coca-Cola Orlando Eye, Madame...
14 reviews
from $51.99*
$87.87
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Attractions not worth queuing for?

Are you just talking about Disney here?

If your talking about attractions all over orlando, I'm sorry to say but Seaworlds empire of the penguin was defiantly not worth the 2+ hours we queued. Very very underwhelmed!

Gainsborough...
Level Contributor
314 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Attractions not worth queuing for?

I am thinking all the major parks, Universal, Seaworld and Disney!

Gainsborough...
Level Contributor
314 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Attractions not worth queuing for?

But any other local attractions would be useful to know too!

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Attractions not worth queuing for?

The Enchanted Tiki Room, us and about half the audience walked out after about 10 minutes. The only time in my life I have walked out of something like that before it finished.

It's a Small World is another annoying ear worm show but you maybe need to do it, just so you can say you experienced it.

Edited: 4:37 am, January 30, 2014
East Kilbride...
Level Contributor
658 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Attractions not worth queuing for?

It's a small world, Peter Pan, Twister, Terminator. Just a few we won't be revisiting.

Thankfully the list we are happy to queue for is massive.

London
Level Contributor
3,855 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Attractions not worth queuing for?

IMO Twister is the only time waster I can think of.......you can experience most of that standing on a street corner during a howling gale in the UK (except for the flying cow !!!). Don't waste your money.

ET is old now, but still magical for small kids I suppose.

tucson, az
Level Contributor
4,105 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Attractions not worth queuing for?

I love Tiki Birds, but don't bother to stand in line for Journey into Imagination.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
829 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Attractions not worth queuing for?

I agree with post #1 empire of the of penguin sea world's new attraction is bobbins!!!! If the queue is more than 10 mins you're better off skipping it

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
742 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Attractions not worth queuing for?

Terminator is great! Cheesy as hell but that's part of the fun! Twister is a bit rubbish but we did it once and while I would never queue for it I'm glad I did it once!!

Different strokes I suppose but I would never queue for anything Harry Potter lol. Only reason we went into the area was to go on the Dueling Dragons coaster.

Don't queue for the Doom's Fear Fall in IoA, it's rubbish. Other than that I can't think of anything else we went on that I regretted queuing for. But then again, we didn't go to Disney :P

Boxborough...
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Attractions not worth queuing for?

Let's see: Stitch's Great Escape is the only attraction I'd say is not worth ever going to. Captain EO is a bit lame by current standards, but it is a lot of fun to see Michael Jackson in his prime. Journey Into Imagination is only worth doing once, as is the Backlot Tour at HS. Many of the second tier attractions are a bit lame, but worth at least one try. The Enchanted Tiki Room almost rises to the level of being worth avoiding, but it is a good air conditioned place to grab a nap and I had a decent wi fi connection inside.