We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When does Disney offer free dining

Wales
Level Contributor
2,097 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
When does Disney offer free dining

Does anyone know what time of the year Disney offers free dining? I am not thinking of just the quick service dining but the regular dining package. Thank you.

Cardi1

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
40,079 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When does Disney offer free dining

There are several times per year it's offered to those in the U.K.; in fact, more than the U.S. gets. Typically, for us in the U.S., we see it in "off peak" seasons like January to early March, September, and sometimes into the autumn months too.

Free regular dining plans go more with the level of resort you book, as I think it has to be a moderate or higher level for the U.K. folks. I think if free dining is offered, it's for both plans, but depending on where you book determines which one you get. Value resorts only get quick service free dining for anyone, I believe.

Here's a page that may help you find when it's offered most:

mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-wa…

Wales
Level Contributor
2,097 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When does Disney offer free dining

Thank you very much for this helpful information.

Cardi1

Derry
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When does Disney offer free dining

Cardi,

I will be going this year for the 4th time 3rd on free dining. I usually book before the end of June for the following year. The past two times I also received a $200 gift card. I have found if you book either Saratoga springs or old key west you will get the full dining at a moderate price as they give you discount up to around the end of sepember on those two resorts. If you choose moderate you can get the counter dining only. The rest of the deluxe resorts will set you back a bit more.

I am spendings 5 nights on international drive _ 14 nights in SSR.in August with full dining

Derry
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When does Disney offer free dining

Cardi,

I will be going this year for the 4th time 3rd on free dining. I usually book before the end of June for the following year. The past two times I also received a $200 gift card. I have found if you book either Saratoga springs or old key west you will get the full dining at a moderate price as they give you discount up to around the end of sepember on those two resorts. If you choose moderate you can get the counter dining only. The rest of the deluxe resorts will set you back a bit more. The past couple of years free dining ran from around May _ Start Nov( for following year) with different incentives along the way

I am spendings 5 nights on international drive _ 14 nights in SSR.in August with full dining

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
704 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: When does Disney offer free dining

This time we booked on the final night of the offer which was 5th November for this August. We didn't get the $200 gift card as we did last year as we didn't book early.

Think it's usually about June when the offers come out for the following year.

We have been 4 times to SSR with free dining as cheaper than moderates with the regular dining plan.

pa
Level Contributor
54,085 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: When does Disney offer free dining

Cardi, are you hoping to go This Year ? Using the General Public Free Dining offer ?

Tinymac and jantimp2 are talking about the UK resident only offer. Kat gave a Link to the US offer for everyone, that offer should be announced in April, if not sooner, if history repeats :)

Wales
Level Contributor
2,097 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: When does Disney offer free dining

Thank you all. We only got back from Orlando in late November. We paid to upgrade to regular dining. We are now hoping to find free regular dining in 2015.

pa
Level Contributor
54,085 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: When does Disney offer free dining

For 2015, hang in there, the deal will be announced

It does seem unfair that the UK deal is different then US Deal as far as the level of Resort and the level of Dining Plan but nice you can book a year in advance. Keep in mind although the UK agents highlight the Old Key West and Saratoga Springs Resorts, other Deluxe Resorts are available for the free dining offer

Did you have a Resort in mind ?

9. Re: When does Disney offer free dining

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 26, 2015