We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney keep declining my Credit card??

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,391 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Disney keep declining my Credit card??

Hi there, I just tried to purchase our annual passes online at the disney website but it keeps declining my credit card. There is sufficient funds available that's for sure...it's actually in credit!!

Has anyone ever had this problem? It's too early to call them so thought I would ask the trusty TA community first :)

It tells me to check details and try again. I've checked four times & the details are correct!! Aaagh!!!

Magic Kingdom Park
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
Water Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
123 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney keep declining my Credit card??

Is your card one of the following?:

• Visa

• MasterCard

• American Express

• Discover Card

• Diners Club Charge Card

• JCB (Japan Credit Bureau)

• Disney Gift Card

• Disney Dream Reward Dollars

• Disney Visa Instant Credit

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,391 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney keep declining my Credit card??

It is a Visa. I've used it to book ADR's and 2 Disney resorts on the Disney website so not sure what the problem is.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
10,024 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney keep declining my Credit card??

I would call the bank that issues the bank. Usually a decline with available credit is a trigger that the purchase is possibly fraud.

Boxborough...
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney keep declining my Credit card??

Possibly it is being declined by your bank because it is a somewhat large purchase being charge from the US when your other purchases are being made from Australia. It may be worth while to call your bank.

Edited: 11:56 pm, January 20, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,391 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney keep declining my Credit card??

Okay so after a phone call to the bank (as soon as it was declined) I was informed there was no issue their end!!

After it kept declining and another call to the bank (which a nice helpful lady answered & investigated the matter further) it was discovered that my international credit card limit was $3000....I needed $3500!!!!

So problem solved with an increase in the limit :) Phew, thanks everyone for your help!! You guys are (always) amazing :) :) :)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,391 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disney keep declining my Credit card??

Nope didn't work :( Just tried it!!! OMG!!!! Honestly. It's obviously a Disney fault then. I even tried doing it in 2 separate transactions!!!! Gah!!!

Bunker Hill, West...
Level Contributor
83 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disney keep declining my Credit card??

You may have to call the bank. My bank held my money when I tried to pay for Disney Trip last year because it's a big amount of money, paying online. I called them the next day and they explained it to me that there were many online activities using for Orlando area and they thought someone was hacking our account. Once I told them that it was me, they then withheld it.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,391 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Disney keep declining my Credit card??

I did call the bank....they said it is not an issue their end now.

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
18,406 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Disney keep declining my Credit card??

Try doing it over the phone rather than on line AJ

I think it's free to call Disney

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,391 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Disney keep declining my Credit card??

Hey Susie....that's what I am going to have to do I feel. Just trying to stay awake here long enough to call them first thing their time. Hopefully they will be able to sort it out instantly for me :-)