We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orlando Hotel for family with 3 kids plus more.

Vasteras, Sweden
Level Contributor
174 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Orlando Hotel for family with 3 kids plus more.

We are planning 4 nights=3 days in Orlando. We are a family with 3 kids (ages 6,10 and 12 years)

We would mainly like to see the theme parks, maybe 2 Disney+Universal.

1. Where would be a good area for us to stay? Maybe close to Disney so we can return to the park in the evening?

2. Hotel suggestions for us with 3 kids?

3. Should we get a hotel that offers a package deal with tickets or fast passes or similar?

4. Shopping. Dont think we have time for this, but what area would that be in?

5. Rental car: Necessary for these 3 days?

6. Other advice?

Metro Orlando
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
4,205 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Orlando Hotel for family with 3 kids plus more.

One place to look would be Disney's own Contemporary Resort, although it can get pretty pricey. It's the closest hotel to the Magic Kingdom, and Disney has a robust transportation system to get you to their assorted parks and attractions. They also have a shuttle from the airport. With all that you can get by without a car. I'm not sure how arrangements for getting up to Universal work (Disney really wants to keep you on their property). Worst case you can take taxis.

Other than the Contemporary there are probably well over 100 other options both on-site (on Disney property) and off and in all price ranges. In your case I'd think on-site would be the best way to go so you don't have to worry about transportation. I always liked the look of the hotels over in the EPCOT resort area since you could easily walk to EPCOT. But, I've never actually stayed in any of them.

pa
Level Contributor
54,436 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Orlando Hotel for family with 3 kids plus more.

You could stay at a Disney Resort, suggest Port Orleans Riverside, it sleeps 5. You wouldn't need a car, Disney Provides free transport to the Disney Parks as well as from and back to the Airport ( MCO )

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3173085

For a visit to Universal Parks, you can get a Ticket and transport Option, they pick you up at your Disney Resort, very reliable

www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/universal/

When do you plan to visit ? There are Discounts and Deals :)

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,794 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Orlando Hotel for family with 3 kids plus more.

Being you said you would like to see two theme parks, maybe disney and universal, i wanted to mention that at Disney there are 4 theme parks (plus water parks) and at universal there are 2 parks. So before you decide where to stay maybe have a look and see which 2 of the parks you want to visit :)

Vasteras, Sweden
Level Contributor
174 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Orlando Hotel for family with 3 kids plus more.

Thanks for advice.

I think the Disney Hotels are a bit pricey, but we would save money not having a rental car, staying close to Disney

We fly to Orlando and are then driving to Fort Lauderdale after 4 nights in Orlando.

Do you think its better to get the rental car at the airport right from the start?

Is it better to collect it on the third day on Orlando to save money?

Metro Orlando
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
4,205 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Orlando Hotel for family with 3 kids plus more.

If you don't need the car for a couple of days it would most likely be best to get it later. Many but not all hotels have a parking fee, and you'd have to pay for parking at the parks (??? I wonder if you still have to pay if you stay on-site). Most decent sized hotels will have a car rental desk from one of the major companies, and it looks like Disney has at least three companies represented at various points on its property.

pa
Level Contributor
54,436 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Orlando Hotel for family with 3 kids plus more.

No fee for Parking at Disney Resorts if staying at a Disney Resort. No Parking fees at Disney Parks if staying at a Disney Resort

There are Deals and discounts for Disney Resorts, that's why I asked about your travel dates. We never pay Full Price

Vasteras, Sweden
Level Contributor
174 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Orlando Hotel for family with 3 kids plus more.

We Will be in Orlando Feb17-21

Vasteras, Sweden
Level Contributor
174 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Orlando Hotel for family with 3 kids plus more.

Any more advice?

Any hotel near Disney that sleeps 5 and is not a Disney hotel?

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Orlando Hotel for family with 3 kids plus more.

Hilton Bonnet Creek- close to everything.

Great Hotel

Vasteras, Sweden
Level Contributor
174 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Orlando Hotel for family with 3 kids plus more.

Still confused. So many hotels. We need a siute=Living room + bedroom.

Which area is nice close to Disney?

Lake Buena vista? International drive?