We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

magic bands

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
chicago
Level Contributor
8,263 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
magic bands

What does it mean that you can select fireworks viewing area? Are there special reserved sections now?

Hampton, UK
Level Contributor
3,476 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: magic bands

Yes

North Louisiana
Level Contributor
429 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: magic bands

How do you select it? Is it on MDE? When can I book that? Is it considered a FP+? I haven't seen that option yet.

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,261 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: magic bands

It is part of your fast pass+ options, when available. Not all parades and fireworks are being included. It appears that crowd levels/season dictate availability.

Happy planning!

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
6,395 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: magic bands

Honestly, there are so many places to enjoy the fireworks and parades, it seems a waste to use a FastPass on it, unless you don't care about the height restriction rides.

chicago
Level Contributor
8,263 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: magic bands

I haven't signed on yet but I cant imagine I want to plan the time ill go on rides in advance.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,075 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: magic bands

If you want to do FP+, you'll have to decide either ahead of time or on the day of your visit. The old system is just about gone for good. You can always pick them ahead and then change them if need be on the day of your visit.

You don't get to pick an exact time, you pick a time of day like morning, afternoon, evening, then FP+ system picks your time for you...you don't really get a say-so in the exact time.

chicago
Level Contributor
8,263 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: magic bands

Ok thanks, I select them the day of in the morning

Indiana
Level Contributor
1,462 posts
348 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: magic bands

If the thrill rides are not important, having FP+ for Fantasmic, Wishes or one of the popular shows is a good alternative.

My daughter doesn't do the big thrill rides yet, so at Hollywood Studios, I did Toy Story, The Great Movie Ride and Fantasmic!. She wasn't feeling too good in the evening, so we didn't use the Fantasmic! passes, but I having a seat in a good section waiting for us was nice. Rides like Star Tours rarely hace longer than a 20 minute wait, so that was not worthy A good seat seemed like the better choice.

At Magic Kingdom, if you don't do the 3 mountains, you could go Peter Pan, Storytime with Belle and Wishes. I would probably do Buzz, Jungle Cruise or the new Little Mermaid ride, but if they're not your thing, a prime Wishes spot would be nice to have.

chicago
Level Contributor
8,263 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: magic bands

thanks for the advice, my daughter is 4 and will go on anything that she is tall enough for, shes 46 inches

chicago
Level Contributor
8,263 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: magic bands

oh and we got our magic bands today, i thought the name would be on the outside of the band, but its on the inside