We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is $5000 Going to be enough for 3 Weeks in Orlando

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
4 posts
Save Topic
Is $5000 Going to be enough for 3 Weeks in Orlando

Hi,

Can anyone help?

Im traveling to the US in a month and have $5000 saved for spending money for food ect. Everything else is already covered i.e. Park Tickets, Car Hire & Everything else. The $5k is purely for meals and spends... Traveling is a Family of 4, 2 Adults, 6 Year Old and 1 Year Old.

Im stressing because i don't think its enough, what are your thoughts?

Thank

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,294 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Is $5000 Going to be enough for 3 Weeks in Orlando

I wouls ay it is, but I would not bring it in cash. I'd bring some, and then use a CC (to pay off as soon as it comes as you have the cash ready) and a debit card to get out more cash.

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
318 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Is $5000 Going to be enough for 3 Weeks in Orlando

Kieran it won't be if you take me as well but it will be enough. I agree that it is a good idea to divide your $5000 by 21 days and keep within budget or less initially. You should then have spare cash for goodies. You can take me, I won't take much room!!!!!!!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Is $5000 Going to be enough for 3 Weeks in Orlando

Myself and the girlfriend are going in feb for 3 weeks and have $3200 all tickets etc already bought! We went for 3 weeks last year and spent around this mark so I think $5000 for four of you should be fine!

Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Is $5000 Going to be enough for 3 Weeks in Orlando

Hey just wondering how ye got on with $5000 , we goin for 3 weeks in July and will have a similar amount , but worried car parking fees and tolls are going to take a whack out of my daily budget , was it expensive to eat out we also have 2 aldults and 2 kids ?

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,294 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Is $5000 Going to be enough for 3 Weeks in Orlando

Yes, but far better to bank 4K of it, and use a CC. Then pay it off once at home.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
120 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Is $5000 Going to be enough for 3 Weeks in Orlando

That is PLENTY. I go with myself and two children I used to bring $100 a day for each of us but would always bring home hundreds of dollars left over. Last year I brought $70 per person per day and it was perfect. I stayed for 2 weeks and did not buy meal plan. That was per person for food and spending money. You will be fine.

Bermagui, Australia
Level Contributor
2,056 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Is $5000 Going to be enough for 3 Weeks in Orlando

OMG YES. We don't have kids (which cost a lot I know!) and we usually spend around $1500 for 3 weeks so i'd say you well and truely have enough cash.

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
10,000 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Is $5000 Going to be enough for 3 Weeks in Orlando

It all depends on how much shopping your looking at doing:-):-)

Car parking & tolls are insignificant.

If your doing a lot of driving, where you will be on toll roads. Maybe use the "sun pass". With Alamo it's only a few Dollars plus any tolls.

Take it however "you" feel comfortable. Travellers Cheques, Cash, CC, DC, etc.

Great advice about a daily amount, then if you spend a little extra one day, have a cheap day following.

Enjoy:-):-):-)

19. Re: Is $5000 Going to be enough for 3 Weeks in Orlando

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 02, 2015