We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fastpass +

North Louisiana
Level Contributor
429 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Fastpass +

So I know with the old system if you had multiple people in your party and say someone didn't want to go on something that had a FP you could use their ticket and print out a FP and someone else could use it.......Can that not be done with the new system? I know that sounds confusing but I'm wondering because there will be very few rides my parents will ride with me and my son so thinking we could get more FP if we could use theirs but now with this band not sure if that will work. Thanks!

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,525 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Fastpass +

I'll let others who have used it speak up, but as far as I'm aware it ought to work if they give you their bands to wear in order to enter the line

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
8,602 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fastpass +

It seems to me someone addressed this in a trip report recently. They simply swapped out who wore which bands - no problemo.

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
12,915 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fastpass +

We swapped bands back in October. No problems.

Nice break for me to grab an ice cream, while the children went on the ride again.

Did it on TT, MS, BTMR, SM, BLSS..

All they are checking is your return time, no fingerprinting:-):-)

North Louisiana
Level Contributor
429 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fastpass +

So you have to stick to your return time with this new system? I know the old one it didn't matter.

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
12,915 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fastpass +

Yes return within your "booked" time.

Also they "used" to be relaxed about return times, but had tightened up considerably. How they plan/predict ride waits when FP users came in their own time??? Must have been a nightmare.

So I'm happy that's now being reinforced. :-):-)

One other thing. If your stuck somewhere, eg, in a restaurant which is running late. Let the server know you have FP+ booked. I did read somewhere they can give you a "chitty" so when you get to the ride show them it & they will still let you ride:-)

Edited: 1:28 pm, January 08, 2014
North Louisiana
Level Contributor
429 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fastpass +

Thanks for the tip Mike! Is about an hour a good time for meals or should I allow a little longer time? I have some character and some regular. Thanks!

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
12,915 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fastpass +

Usually, for regular, but if you hit a time when they are busy, who knows.

For Character I always allow longer. I know the Characters have a (sort of) time limit to "do the rounds" but it's not always easy with the kids, if you know what I mean?;-);-)

If your going to try a Signature. I wouldn't book anything after. I'd hate to be rushing in one of those;-)

North Louisiana
Level Contributor
429 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fastpass +

Thanks Mike C!

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,525 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Fastpass +

With the old one it didn't matter, and it was great. And I contend they accounted for people arriving outside the window with the # of tickets distributed. Thought it worked just fine. But they did actually change and start enforcing it. For nearly two years now. Fastpass+ is the same that you have a window you need to stick to.

10. Re: Fastpass +

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:22 am, January 10, 2015