We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Epcot or/and Magic Kingdom? ...or also Hollywood Studios

Regensburg, Germany
Level Contributor
13 posts
84 reviews
39 helpful votes
Epcot or/and Magic Kingdom? ...or also Hollywood Studios
Save

Hey there! We, 4 people in the age of 28 - 35, wanna go to Orlando and were thinking about visiting Epcot and/or Magic Kingdom. Not sure about Hollywood Studios.

1) How much time do you really need to visit one of those parks?

2) Is it possible to visit 2 parks in one day or is it just to big to do that?

3) What would be more interesting to visit considering our age? (I know, taste is always different...)

I just wanna read about your experience. That's all. Since it's not that cheap, we are really thankful for further help.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
348 posts
81 reviews
97 helpful votes
1. Re: Epcot or/and Magic Kingdom? ...or also Hollywood Studios
Save

okay will jump in!

1) MK is the "true" original disney experience - with Main street and "lands" - PRO, you get the entire flavor/magic of Disney. CON - LOADS of screaming kids with "parents" in quotes on purpose as you run into a lot who just dont supervise and they will run into, over you, push past and be in general annoying. As an American its pretty embarrasing to have this represent "us". If you go think about seeing the environ and dont worry about rides. NO alcohol.

2) Studios is good if you want the "magic" with some "hollywood" aka "universal studios" type experience. And some NOT TO MISS rides including star tours, rockin roller coaster and tower of terror. NOTE they serve alcohol

3) Epcot is truly a unique park you will not find anywhere else (note have never been to Disney out of USA). Its really two parks, future world and world showcase.

To maximize I would to a day and evening and you may want to do hopper passes for this so you can do early AM, take a break, then go back for later. MK is opened latest in general.

Also I have to put in a word for Animal Kingdom. Its very cool. Different and a bit smaller but again if you have hoppers you can do a morning here, then evening somewhere else.

Also try some of the restaurants that are NOT the ones that have character dining. There are lots of reviews. We did coral seas (my 18yr old daughter and I) and she loved it.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
13,469 posts
234 reviews
266 helpful votes
2. Re: Epcot or/and Magic Kingdom? ...or also Hollywood Studios
Save

If you are only going to do one park, I would do the Magic Kingdom. It is classic and there is a lot to do. There are tame rides and shows, if that is your thing, and roller coasters, if that is your thing.

If you are going to do 2 parks then I think it is a matter of what you enjoy. If you are a ride person, go to Hollywood Studios. That's where the thrills are. EPCOT is more of a learning park, the rides are relatively tame, and World Showcase is mostly a walking, shopping, dining, and show section.

You could hop between EPCOT and Hollywood Studios if you planned out in advance what you wouldn't mind skipping, but EPCOT really takes a full day.

I fall into that age group, and personally if I had to choose 2 parks mine would be Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
22,230 posts
80 reviews
44 helpful votes
3. Re: Epcot or/and Magic Kingdom? ...or also Hollywood Studios
Save

Or would you be interesting in Unviersal and Islands of Adventure?

pa
Level Contributor
55,379 posts
4. Re: Epcot or/and Magic Kingdom? ...or also Hollywood Studios
Save

1) at Least a Full Day

2) not if you want to see and do everything each Park offers

3) all 4 Disney World Parks

The more days you play, the less it costs per day

www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/themeparks.htm

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,718 posts
106 reviews
100 helpful votes
5. Re: Epcot or/and Magic Kingdom? ...or also Hollywood Studios
Save

I am surprised that there have not been more responses, but maybe it has been due to this getting overlooked by so many other posts. I think that since you are coming to WDW all the way from Germany, even if you are going to other places in the US, you owe it to yourself to follow partypa's advice (by the way, she is the dean of DIsney gurus) and go to each park and spend at least one day there (and you will see that you can easily spend more than a day at each park). As you note in your post, each person has different tastes, and no one knows for sure what each one of you will like or dislike so the best thing to do is visit all the parks. Given your age, you will hopefully be able to return in the future, and then you can skip things that you find that you don't like on your first visit.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
147 posts
1 review
6. Re: Epcot or/and Magic Kingdom? ...or also Hollywood Studios
Save

At least one full day at MK. Epcot is okay to me (age 31), but I've done it once and that's enough until they make any great additions. Of the other Disney parks, you'll enjoy HS most, but if you are there on a slower day, a hopper option between HS and AK is a solid day. It will generally leave you enough time to do anything your age group would wanna do. Another vote for looking into US/IoA also though, more thrills there than Disney.

7. Re: Epcot or/and Magic Kingdom? ...or also Hollywood Studios

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:23 am, January 09, 2015
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.