We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report - Day 5 & 6 Back on Track

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,054 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report - Day 5 & 6 Back on Track

Thursday we are now a group of 8. Off to the Magic Kingdom. I'm feeling almost normal, the 13 is still in a wheelchair (she really wanted to just stay home, but she ended up having a good time). We went on Jungle Cruise first (mistake...lol). The CM saw the wheelchair and gave us a time to come back (15 minutes). So we just waited in the shade. (During our wait niece's hubby and the other twin pop into a store and then they come out and they are by the camel that squirts water. So this guy gets squirted, he turns around, all mad, and looks at the twin and says "who did that?" real nasty. So my niece's hubby, who is 6' 6" and bigggggg says "is there a problem". "uh no no not at all". So they come back by us and we watch and see the guy finally realizes what's happening with the camel...nitwit). Anywho, we ride the Jungle cruise, we had to wait forever to dock to get off and oh boy wheelchair twin starts to feel sick. So that was it for her. She wouldn't ride anything...lol

We did a few more things, had a lovely lunch at columbia harbor house. Bought some ornaments at the Christmas shop. The men had dole whips. From there we hopped to Epcot, 5 rode test track (they liked the improvements), I didn't want to chance it...lol Took wheelchair twin to Nemo ride (no it's not a boat, don't worry!!). Everything else was closing down. Went over to watch the fireworks again. Everyone just got whatever they wanted, pretzels, sandwiches, etc. (At this point hubby starts to feel not so good..oh boy)

Last day, niece and her family stayed at the condo, girls spent the day at the pool. My daughter and her friend went for opening to HS, made fast pass + pics on the bus going over, no problems. Did a ton of stuff and were back at the hotel and by the pool by 1:00 ish.

Hubby needed to rest (I think his was the dole whip, which he had right after a lemon slush drink, blahhh). We had to get to see USL though. I said you rest, I'm going to Epcot to meet USL. He said no I'll go with you. So we finally met up with USL and hubby and sister. Met them at Rose and Crown where they were having a cocktail (shocking I know). We couldn't drink...lol Just managed a short visit, hubby wanted to get back and rest.

We got back I popped in the pool, almost, it was coooold. Didn't feel heated to me, several ladies in the area agreed with me, so it wasn't just me. Popped in the hot tub than ran over and jumped in the pool. Girls had lunch, I left hubby sleeping by the hot tub. We just relaxed for the rest of the day.

Met up at with niece and family at DTD. Hubby feeling okay now and hungry. Went to Portobello, girl said 30-40 minute wait, you give you cell phone and they text you when the table is ready. So the kids shopped, we sat and listened to the musician outside. Had an excellent meal there, highly recommend it. Got a free dessert for my birthday, chocolate fudge gelato, yum.

Next morning we got picked up at 6:40 a.m. for our 9:40 flight. We got on ME and right to airport. Once on plane, had a small delay. But a great and fast flight home. Niece left to drive home around 7:30 a.m.

It was a great trip, no one killed anyone....lol They want to do it again in two years.

Really Enjoyed meeting up with USL, wish we had more time. Hopefully we'll meet again in the future :)

Thanks for reading, any questions, ask away :)

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Trip Report - Day 5 & 6 Back on Track

Hope your husband was okay when you got home, and it was just the dole whip/lemon slush combo? Enjoyed your report, especially reading how this one went that way and the others went over there (or something like that)...LOL Also, thanks for the laugh about the camel :)

12. Re: Trip Report - Day 5 & 6 Back on Track

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 15, 2014