We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booked, now I wait....

Cooroy, Australia
Level Contributor
1,067 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Booked, now I wait....

Very very excited about our trip next Sept. we have booked in at Port Orleans Riverside in a Royal Guest room with a Garden view. We will be there for 5 nights and have a 6 day pass so plenty of time to explore all the parks and hopefully still have time to relax by the pool.

I just hope that in the New Year a deal for free dining will come up as that would be an added bonus!!

I have plenty of to look at the must dos and as I LOVE food where to eat. We will look at doing 1 character meal, as we went to Disneyland this year we did Goofys Kitchen, Surfs Up Breakfast with Mickey and Friends and Ariel's Grotto we are looking at something different. Maybe Donald's Safari??

Plenty of time to plan!!

Happy Thanksgiving to those of you who celebrate :)

Magic Kingdom Park
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
Water Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
newcastle
Level Contributor
383 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Booked, now I wait....

Hi Sandan,

We are going at the same time - booked flights and waiting now to see if we can get free dining before booking any accommodation. Are you doing any other parts of USA? It's such a long trip over - not looking forward to that flight.

Nic

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
28,325 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booked, now I wait....

Good for you both.

Cooroy, Australia
Level Contributor
1,067 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booked, now I wait....

Hi aussienic, We are starting our holiday with friends in LA then heading to San Diego for a few day. Then back to Disneyland where my husband will run in the Disney half marathon . ( 5 days in the park ) . We then fly to NYC for 4 nights before hitting DW on the 5th Sept. I agree I long way to go so have to make the most of it. We went in March this yr and did Disneyland, Pheonix, Sedona, Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, LA and San Diego.

263 days until we fly out!

newcastle
Level Contributor
383 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Booked, now I wait....

Wow, sounds like you have planned a great holiday. We've previously done LA, Anaheim, San Diego and Las Vegas. This time we are just doing Orlando with 8 nights in Hawaii on the way home for a rest.

This will be our last family trip. I'm looking forward to exploring other parts of the country once we don't have to pay for the kids anymore - I think that means I can go twice as much or for twice as long.

sydney
Level Contributor
762 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booked, now I wait....

Hi aussie guys,

We stayed at POP Century in Sept this year, we were there for 13 nights, and we were on the go all the time, WDW is massive and I mean massive compared to Disneyland, we were shattered after 13 nights, you wont see it all in 5 nights and have time to laze around the pool.

It takes a while to get to places, not like Disneyland, just across the road from hotel.

You will have to have a plan, we found some days , a lot of the rides were only 10-15 min wait and then same days up to 60mins, depending on the ride.

We got the free dining quick service, saved us a packet on food!!! THough we did pay to eat at T REX and Planet Hollywood.

The free dining plan this year didn't come out too quite late for Sept this year, I was constantly on here waiting for it lol.

We also did NY for 4 nights, once again you will be on the go there as well. WE saw quite a lot in 4 days, everything we had planned to do, but it all seems like just a blur now.

In our 13 nights in Orlando, we did MK 3 times, HS, Epcott, Animal KIngdom , UNiversal ( this is a lot different to the one in Hollywood which was a good thing) IOA, Downtown Disney a couple of times in the afternoon/night, Outelts one day, Kennedy Space Centre and airboat ride, both totally amazing..

Kids went in hotel pool about 3 times for a couple of hours.

YOu guys will have so much fun, jealous lol

6. Re: Booked, now I wait....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 03, 2014