We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
thurso
Level Contributor
151 posts
Save Topic
Car Hire Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT

Hi Guys,

Planning our trip for next October, was wondering if anyone could help me. Really want to hire a Jeep Cherokee SRT whilst in Orlando does anyone know if that's possible?

topgear.com/uk/…srt8-driven

Any help appreciated as always!

Portsmouth...
Level Contributor
781 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Hire Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT

Everything is possible (except finding rocking horse droppings obviously) but I suspect its going to take a lot of research.

I suspect most hire companies would do them but I don't think any actually guarantee a particular model.

You may have to go to a smaller hire company, off site from the airport.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Treasure Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
5,933 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Hire Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT

Most rental companies offer a size of vehicle or similar specific models can sell out and only specialized companies usually offer them at a premium, my work colleague flew this year to McCoy , and wanted a dodge charger, got a Chevy impala instead and loved it!!! So try not build your hopes up unless you get definate confirmation of your required vehicle

Va
Level Contributor
10,667 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Hire Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT

I don't think the others realize what a GC SRT8 is. For those that don't it is a 470hp Hemi v8 that can go zero to 60 in 4.5 seconds and sells for around $70K. It is almost double the price of a standard GC. I am sure you can rent one, but that isn't a car you will find in any airport car rental line up. You would likely find it at a company that rents exotic or specialty cars or possibly a Jeep dealer.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Hire Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT

Can't see it happening ricksen for the reasons sunngod gave.

The chances of a run of the mill car hire company at an airport having one is nil.

You might get one if you search for the premium range that most of them have but it will probably cost £100's per DAY not week.

Hertz have "Hertz Dream Cars" (Google it!!) but I couldn't find any GC's on it.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,423 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Hire Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT

As Robbie46 mentioned...you can take a look at Hertz. They have Prestige, Adrenaline and Dream Car categories that are model specific reservable and a bit pricey for the privilege, but they might have something that peaks your interest. They don't list the SRT, but you may see something or you could always ask them if it's a possibility.

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
16,672 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car Hire Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT

If you can get one it will probably do about 10mpg

Glasgow
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car Hire Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT

Susie

I think you'll find it does a whopping 16.8 mpg. That should keep the greens happy:)

Cheshire, England
Level Contributor
3,196 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car Hire Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT

I've never seen any top-of-the-range model of any vehicle. I've only ever seen entry level only, or perhaps the next one up, like a limited. You sometimes get zippier models in the prestige collection, but in suv's, you're talking about Lincoln Navigators, Escalades, or perhaps the Hummers.

Va
Level Contributor
10,667 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Car Hire Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT

The SRT8 isn't just a step up model. The is vehicle that is double the price. You wouldn't walk into a dealer and start looking at a Grand Cherokee Summit and say "what is the next model up?" It is a specialty vehicle with some pretty serious performance upgrades that are not found on anything close to it. 6.4L hemi v8, brembo brakes, sephia Laguna, Pirelli p-zero tires, etc. It is a viper that you can take off road.

I would love to drive one for a week. Even if it only got 10mpg!

Cheshire, England
Level Contributor
3,196 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Car Hire Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT

To get that specific model, you would have to go through an independent luxury dealer, such as Hireluxurycar.com. As sunngod says, SRT to the Chrysler group is what AMG is to Mercedes, or Alpina to BMW. I hope you find what you're looking for. They are not too bad economy wise. I've heard some people say that they've gone all the way from MCO to I-Drive on a full tank ;)