We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Would you stay longer?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Naples,FL
Level Contributor
137 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Would you stay longer?

OK I live in Naples just 3 hours away from Orlando. I visit Orlando every 3 months or so for 2 nights usually leave a weds and come back on Friday. Reason I do this is because my job I can't take many days off especially when season hits. Is it worth it going for two days? Makes me very happy just wanted some opinions. Seems like a lot if people go for a week plus. Thank you :)

Naples,FL
Level Contributor
137 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Would you stay longer?

Wonderful and two nights.

London, United...
Level Contributor
757 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Would you stay longer?

At only 3 hrs drive away it's perfect. Most people on here would give their right arm to go for a weekend every 3 months. You're very lucky to live where you do.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Would you stay longer?

You like Naples? There is not much to do here but the beach.

====================

I'd trade houses with you for a while in a heartbeat.

UK
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Would you stay longer?

I'd stay longer but then I've got a 9 hour flight. And, generally, people in the UK have a lot more holiday time they can take (we get 20 days, on average, plus 8 bank holidays, whereas I think Americans tend to get 10 days plus national holidays).

Unfortunately, as 234leilav says, they can't take more days off - at least in a row - which is a shame. A nice, long week would probably be very good but, as mentioned, in a lot of cases American holiday leave doesn't hold a candle to British holiday leave.

Oh, and just had a quick look at Naples on Google Earth. Looks very nice and peaceful. However, would it get boring after a bit? A lot of people tend to think that, if we lived somewhere we visited on holiday, it'd be just like an extended holiday. But, in any case, looks very nice.

Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
107 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Would you stay longer?

Having spent a week in naples this summer on a 3 week Florida trip I thought it an absolutely fabulous relaxing place. But I agree actually living somewhere is different than holidays. I live in what is considered one of the most beautiful and scenic part of my country but doesn't mean I spend my days gazing over sea and cliffs and countryside..... Too busy getting on with life!!!! As for your original question, I think it a relatively short drive and I would not hesitate to do a 3 hr drive for a fun few days. In fact as opposed to us who spend at least a week or two I suspect with a limited time you will possibly derive more pleasure and enjoy every second even more.... Njoy!.......,,,oh and sunny Naples trumps wet west of ireland anytime!!!!!!!! Lol!

Elk Grove Village...
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Would you stay longer?

We typically come for 5 or 6 nights. We're from Chicago, and from our house to resort is typically a little under 6 hours. Even if we were to fly early on the way down and late on the way home (which we always do), two nights probably wouldn't be worth it. For us, 5 or 6 nights is generally the sweet spot in terms of cost and the amount of time I can be away from work. That said, if we were only a 2-3 hour drive away, so that we didn't have to buy plane tickets, then yes, we would go for only 2 nights. In fact, I might even make the occasional day trip if it was just a 2-3 hour drive.

Naples,FL
Level Contributor
137 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Would you stay longer?

Wow everyone has different opinions, that is great. And yes that is very true I would not want to live in the place I take my vacations because it would take the fun out. Naples is peaceful bit boring for younger people LOL. From November to may we get all the Snowbirds who have homes here and live here for 6 months and up north for 6 months. My neighbours across the street just returned a week ago. The city grows double in those months that is why is hard to get a week off.

18. Re: Would you stay longer?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, November 15, 2014