We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to dine and take in fireworks at MK?

Redmond, Washington
Level Contributor
96 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Best place to dine and take in fireworks at MK?

My husband and I are visiting WDW the end of September for our anniversary. We are looking for a nice place to dine and watch the fireworks at Magic Kingdom. I know the Contempory Resort has a firewroks view, are there any other?

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

CLEVELAND
Level Contributor
772 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to dine and take in fireworks at MK?

Dining I'm not sure about, we didnt' have a very good meal experience in MK. BUT....as for fireworks, the best place is on the bridge on the right of the castle. Tinkerbell flies over top!

Manchester N.H.
Level Contributor
11,945 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to dine and take in fireworks at MK?

Hi Always,

I'm not sure of any other plaeces that have the fireworks viewing with piped in music. I do have a suggestion though. How about a nice dinner at the Crystal Palace at the MK, and then just walk outisde where the Castle is. It may not be as grownup-romantic, but the food is very good,and I think it's so much better to see the fireworks in the park. You will get to see Tinkerbell fly from the Castle to Tomorrowland. Perhaps save the "romantic" dinner for the next night? Perhaps France in Epcot, or Mexico which is very dimly lit, and has great music. Alfredo's can also be very romantic. Hey, it's Italy. I know you will get more tips from "the gang"..Have a wonderful trip!..Nancy

Jersey CI
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to dine and take in fireworks at MK?

Hi

We thought MK was the one place where dining options are pretty poor. We chose to eat outside the park before going in. I'd agree that Epcot options are so much better. We dined in the Mexican - very romantic before watching the fireworks and it was just perfect - food lovely.

Alli

x

Florida
Level Contributor
2,919 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place to dine and take in fireworks at MK?

If you are planning this for your special anniversary dinner, I would go with the California Grill at the Contemporary. You'll have a great view of the fireworks and the restaurant will definitely make it feel like the special occasion it is. Just make sure you book well in advance, as they tend to sell out pretty regularly.

If it's more the park atmosphere you're looking for, and just want a decent dinner, I like the Plaza Restaurant. It's at the end of Main St. just past the ice cream shop on the corner closest the castle. It's a smaller restaurant, but they have good sandwiches, excellent sundaes, and you're close to my favorite fireworks viewing spot on the bridge between Tomorrowland and the hub. It would be a good idea to make reservations here as well, so you know you'll be finished in time for the fireworks to begin.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,432 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place to dine and take in fireworks at MK?

Another vote for California Grill; good food and best views of the fireworks without having to actually be inside the M.K.

Redmond, Washington
Level Contributor
96 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best place to dine and take in fireworks at MK?

Thank you for your help. I think I will make reservations at the California Grill. Our focus is going to be on a nice dinner out with the fireworks as a 'plus'

Thank you again.

Manchester N.H.
Level Contributor
11,945 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best place to dine and take in fireworks at MK?

Hi Always,

I hope you have a wonderful dinner. My Dr. took his family there, and said the experience was great andd he raved about the food.I love that hotel, and stayed there in Nov. 2004. The decor made me feel like Judy Jetson...it was a riot! Happy trails....Nancy

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
21,564 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best place to dine and take in fireworks at MK?

You might want to consider dinner at Narcoosees-they have a lovely deck where you can go out and watch the fireworks or you can see them from a window table inside. I like the California Grill's food better but the fireworks view is sort of distant.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,303 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best place to dine and take in fireworks at MK?

I am not sure what it is called, but one of the fancy restaurents at the Grand Floridian has great views of the fireworks and the music is piped in. But it is not cheap and there is a dress code.

If you want to be with the masses, even with young children and I am short, anywhere in front of the castle is a great place to watch the fireworks. And we did not have to get there hours before to pick our space (we moved into the area 10 min before)

tampa, FL
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best place to dine and take in fireworks at MK?

Grew up going to Disney every year, and going back just later this week :)

But one of the best places to see them is the beach in front of the Polynesian Hotel. Just a quick tram ride away. They have a bar by the pool right there, so maybe grab a bite to eat and head for drinks afterward there?

The other is on top of contemporary. You can just go to the top and walk outside, you don't have to stay and eat there..... But the food is very good there as well. It would be my pick for romantic and firework worthy viewing!

The only place you can not see them that well is the Wilderness Lodge. But anywhere else, the music is ALWAYS pipped in on the beach anywhere.

I also suggest dinner at Ohana, its kinda loud (very family) and not too romantic, but I love the food!! And if you are lucky enough you can get a table close to the window and they also pipe in the music when the fireworks are going off.

Make reservations, no matter where you want to go. If you wait until you get there - you might miss out!!