We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Legacy Grand Resort Int. Drive

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
Level Contributor
50 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Legacy Grand Resort Int. Drive

Hi there,

Just booked our first trip together to orlando, cant wait to go!!!

However, after booking the Legacy Grand Resort through Airtours for a week we then read the reviews on TA.

Anyone been there recently (past month) and able to give us any updated honest opinions on the hotel as we are thinking of trying to get moved, not holding out much hope of that happening!!!

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
7,979 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Legacy Grand Resort Int. Drive

I haven't stayed there but have read the reviews and it sounds awful. I would take a copy of these reviews and send them to either Airtours or your travel agent and insist that you accommodation is changed.

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,516 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Legacy Grand Resort Int. Drive

It is the former Orlando Grand Plaza, which I have heard nothing but absolutely negative things about. Stay somewhere else if at all possible!

swansea, south wales
Level Contributor
661 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Legacy Grand Resort Int. Drive

just bumped a previous thread on this hotel for you

Scotland
Level Contributor
50 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Legacy Grand Resort Int. Drive

Thanks for the bump, spent ages looking for a thread on this, Cheers!!!

Been on to airtours who were surprisingly helpful - to a point.

They have managed to find us a hotel in kissemee which will also give us a slight refund but we really want to stay in Int. Drive (not driving so want to be in the thick of the action so to speak)

Think we are going to go to the legacy but i am fully prepared to fight my corner both there and back home if things are not up to scratch!!!

Would be good to hear from anyone else who is staying there from, or around, the 22nd July onwards so we can club together if needs be to ensure we all get the service and standards we have paid for!!!

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
7,979 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Legacy Grand Resort Int. Drive

If I were you I would insist that Airtours found me another hotel on I Drive preferably one that is part of a chain then if things aren't up to scratch you have two lines to go down. If they won't do that I would ask to cancel the hotel part of your package and book yourself a hotel of your choice in an area that suits you.

swansea, south wales
Level Contributor
661 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Legacy Grand Resort Int. Drive

i am in the same positon as you not driving so we wanted to stay on i-drive. our tour operator recomended that we dont stay in kisimmee because it is to far out without a car. we transferes to the comfort in universal which seems like a better hotel. they charged me £120 admin fees but comfort inn was £20 more expensive per person any way and there are 6 of us so i did'nt mind cause i was just paying what i would have paid if i'd booked into comfort inn in the first place. just tell airtours you want a hotel on i-drive

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
7,979 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Legacy Grand Resort Int. Drive

Tell Airtours to shove their £120 admin fee where the sun don't shine. That is a diabolical liberty, package tour operators should inspect their properties on a regular basis and if they are not up to scratch remove them from their brochures. I have just had a similar arguement with Expedia after a hotel in Fort Lauderdale got consistently bad reviews. I stuck to my guns and in the end lost only £13.50. I cancelled the accomodation part of the deal and booked a hotel of my choice. I rarely book hotels through agents and will never do again.

Scotland
Level Contributor
50 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Legacy Grand Resort Int. Drive

Hi there,

Just off the phone to airtours and got a result, kind of!!!

I have told them that i am not staying in a hotel that even they know they shouldn't be marketing and that i wanted moved to a hotel of my choice. I chose to stay in a disney resort instead after being completely put off I Drive at a hotel that costs a lot more than the legacy grand.

The up shot is i made a deal with the (very nice and helpful) operator. I paid for the difference in price between the hotels after she got me a reduced rate on it and they would wave all fees for making the switch.

In the end i paid a small price for a good up grade and they cancelled out the excess and fees i would have had to pay saving me £210 ie. different rates on the room, admin fees, late tickiet collection etc.

Just goes to show what you can do when you are nice but firm to these guys, they were actually really helpful.

Now we are both really looking forward to our holiday instead of dreading it!!

Cheers for all the posts guys!!!

UK
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Legacy Grand Resort Int. Drive

gfunk.

Do you have a name of the person you have spoken too, I am due to go inAgust and having just looked at the reviews I aiint a happy teddy bear, I am also taking my 5 Grandchildren so we have 2 rooms booked.

Dave

Scotland
Level Contributor
50 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Legacy Grand Resort Int. Drive

Sorry dont know who i spoke to, cant remember her name. Heres how i did it:

1st call - got a great operator who found me a hotel slightly cheaper in kissemee, he took his time was very helpful. Decided against the hotel.

2nd call - Dont think the girl got what i was asking for, managed to find a hotel in I Drive for twice the price, gave in!!

3rd call - Explained the problems of the hotel as listed on tripadvisor and informed her that i was offering the company the chance to sort this out before we got there rather than go to the expense and hassle of moving our hotel once in Orlando. Reminded her again that this would benifet the company as i would not be seeking further compensation once i returned.

I had found a hotel by myself at this point on the website and asked to be moved there. Now remember at this point they are under no obligation to move me for free as i have not been to the hotel and seen if the reviews are correct. This new hotel was more expensive but she managed to find it cheaper on their system.

Above all be nice and polite but still firm. Having worked in service industries for over 11 years i can gaurantee you that going in all guns blazing will get you nowhere!!!! I believe it is because i was polite all the way through that when i asked them to meet me half way ie. i will pay the extra for the hotel cause i had picked a more expensive one if they would drop all admin fees etc that i got a result.

Saved £70 in fees after getting Duty Managers permission and the rest because the girl knew the system and was good at her job.

So, research and go in prepared, be polite but firm, persevere but remember there is only so much they can do at this end, dont expect free upgrades (but aim for them), dont settle for less than admin fees knocked off as this they can easily do.

There call centre staff are well trained and helpful so you should have no probs, let us all know how you get on!!!!

Hope this helps, just ask if there is anything else you want to know