We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

school holidays in orlando

england
Level Contributor
196 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
school holidays in orlando

Hi All. off to Orlando last week in August, first week September. Are the kids in Orlando back at school ? Out of that two week period are there any days we should avoid in the parks ? besides Labour day. Thanks.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,651 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: school holidays in orlando

By the time you get there, Orlando area students will have already begun the school year. Seminole county actually starts back July 31; Orange (and I think Osceola) start back a week later; Lake and Polk shouldn't be far behind, I don't think.. Personally, I think having to start school in July is pretty cruel for a US school.

Cape Canaveral...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
7,401 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: school holidays in orlando

True, I think even the local colleges are back in session by late August. My 14 y/o son goes back August 7 and my college age son goes back a week or two after that.

Suntree, Florida
Level Contributor
458 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: school holidays in orlando

The other school systems on the East Coast (1hr away) also start up in early August. We are in Brevard County and they go back the 2nd week of August.

Florida
Level Contributor
2,919 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: school holidays in orlando

Next year the schools will start later, because of the new law that says they can't start earlier than two weeks before Labor Day. I imagine they will all start right at that two week limit.

Suntree, Florida
Level Contributor
458 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: school holidays in orlando

Your kidding! That is great news! We moved to Florida from Virginia last fall and thought it was crazy to start school so early. The kids had to start in September, because I didn't know they started early. Thanks for that very useful advice.

6. Re: school holidays in orlando

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, August 14, 2009