We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arrived Sunday - Thomson Bronze Villa

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Arrived Sunday - Thomson Bronze Villa

Hi all

The villa is nice, 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms on US27, it was AOA so I was slightly nervous.We know this area well so quite happy with the location. However, we immediately noticed a problem with the pool. It looked dirty & had debris & several dead slugs on the bottom. The water wasn't circulating.

As it was about 8pm we decided to go to Hotelbeds the next morning. A maintenance man arrived the same afternoon. The following day a contract pool engineer arrived and fitted a new pump. So to cut a long story short we didn't have a pool for the first couple of days. Not a great start.

I will post more about some other issues when we get home.

Anyway, today we went to Celebration. We sat with our massive ice creams from Kilwells(?) overlooking the lake. After taking a walk round the lake we went into the Bohemian Hotel for a drink. We sat on the balcony. As we looked over at the side of the lake, immediately below us was a 6foot alligator basking out of the water. I couldn't believe my eyes it was so close to us. I grabbed my camera & snapped away!!:)

We drove to LBV shops after. Let the shopping begin…$$

World of Disney
Disney Parks & Activities, Gift & Specialty Shops
Blackbird Vintage Music
Gift & Specialty Shops
The Shooting Gallery
Gift & Specialty Shops
yorkshire
Level Contributor
4,579 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arrived Sunday - Thomson Bronze Villa

Shame about the pool - hope it's sorted quickly for you.

Celebration is on our list of to do stuff, when we return to Florida in a couple of weeks time..... So it's interesting to note the gators .... Hope they smiled for the camera lol

And will check out the ice cream.....

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
19,007 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arrived Sunday - Thomson Bronze Villa

ppm - Market St Cafe is nice for lunch in Celebration you can have a snooze in the rocking chairs overlooking the lake afterwards

Keep saying we will have a night in the Bohemian so we can have a meal and a few drinks in Celebration

Fla16 whereabouts is your villa - hope everything is sorted with your pool

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arrived Sunday - Thomson Bronze Villa

Hi both

Many thanks for your replies. Villa is on Florida Pines. It's nice & quiet & we're not overlooked. Pool is ok now thanks. Smaller pool than we've had before, seems a little inadequate for the size of the villa. As there's just the 2 of us it's ok.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arrived Sunday - Thomson Bronze Villa

Susie, forgot to say, we had a similar idea regarding the Bohemian. I asked at reception for room rates. The receptionist said I would have to look & book online. She said she couldn't even access the rates! Anyway a Lake view double room is $209 pn. Or $239 with breakfast.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
29,234 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Arrived Sunday - Thomson Bronze Villa

Bad start I would have been livid about the pool.

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
19,007 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Arrived Sunday - Thomson Bronze Villa

Might give it a miss at that price and stick to drinking at the villa lol

Thanks for the info

7. Re: Arrived Sunday - Thomson Bronze Villa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, November 10, 2014