We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Animal Kingdom Lodge Value View Rooms

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Animal Kingdom Lodge Value View Rooms

Looking for anyone's experience with staying in a "Value View" Studio at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge. What do they look out onto? Are they the furthest rooms from the lobby, restaurants, and pool?

Thanks to all!

Decatur, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,820 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Animal Kingdom Lodge Value View Rooms

http://allears.net/acc/faq_akl.htm Check this site out for review and info on Animal Kingdom Lodge.

We have never stayed there, just eaten at Boma and then toured the lodge. It's quite attractive and I would love to stay there.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
39,819 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Animal Kingdom Lodge Value View Rooms

Usually, the value view rooms look out onto the parking lot. You pay more for a pool or savannah view room.

Donna

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Animal Kingdom Lodge Value View Rooms

We have and would only stay in a Savannah room at the AKL. Staying in a room without a view of the animals to me is like staying in any other hotel. You could luck out and get an upgrade but I would book another cheaper hotel and just go visit the AKL if you're not going to splash out on a Savannah view room. Just my opinion.

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
14,497 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Animal Kingdom Lodge Value View Rooms

Same as USL for us.

One of our DVC "Home Resorts" & we will only stay at Savannah View rooms:-)

We have discussed other options, but always end up booking SVR.

Morrisville, North...
Level Contributor
43 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Animal Kingdom Lodge Value View Rooms

You didn't say if you are going through DVC or direct from Disney, but for DVC rooms the Value studios are smaller based on what I read on other boards when I was planning our next trip.

For DVC here's what I gathered:

The "Value" studio rooms are "Value" because they are smaller. The view might be a Savannah. might be pool or it might be the parking lot - just depends on the luck of the draw.

Here's a link to the map. The Value rooms are Ostrich Trail and Giraffe Trail.

http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-akv/floor5.php

If you are renting a "Deluxe Villa" directly from Disney - I think it works the same way with regards to the smaller room. I don't know if there is the chance of it turning out to be a Savannah view or not. The Disney website says parking lot or landscaping, but AllEars reports that half of these room do turn out to be Savannah view.

http://allears.net/acc/akv.htm

We have stayed in Savannah view and it is fabulous. However, we are not getting the Savannah view this time because we wanted space over view and got the 1 BR instead. There are so many overlooks in the lodge that you don't have to walk far from anywhere to be able to see out on the Savannah. There are a few areas where you can walk out on ground level and several areas along the hallways (i presume they are on each floor but I don't know that for sure) where you can look out on the Savannah. So, for us, we didn't feel that Savannah view room would be of as much benefit on our next trip since we are planning on spending very little time in the resort this trip.

Marco Island...
Level Contributor
1,311 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Animal Kingdom Lodge Value View Rooms

The value villas are about three feet shorter in depth than the standard or savanna villas. So the one bedroom villa will only sleep four, not five like the savanna and standard view villas. Studios only sleep four (one queen bed and a double sleeper sofa in the studio). You might be lucky enough to get one with a savanna view. Or unlucky enough to get the parking lot view. There is also the pool view. Value villas are only located in Jambo House. All the villas in Jambo House are converted hotel rooms on the fifth floor (with five two bedroom lockoff villas on the sixth floor that are considered concierge villas). .

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
14,497 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Animal Kingdom Lodge Value View Rooms

We wouldn't "risk" getting a parking lot view.

If we took that chance & ended up with that view we would be so dissapointed & it would definitely put a downer on the start to our holidays.

If you really do want the Savanna view, I would book it:-)

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
24,078 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Animal Kingdom Lodge Value View Rooms

The value rooms at AKL are a little smaller and the view is not of the animals. This is one of our favorite resorts and we have stayed here about 20 times since they opened. I would not spend the extra money on a Savannah view. There are lots of places to see the animals and not all of the savannah views are good anyway. We have been upgraded at check in but it would not disappoint my family in any way not to be. The hotel is terrific,great choice of eating places, wonderful pool,beautiful lobby,lovely little shop in the lobby...how much time do you spend looking out the window?Many people consider this resort to be very spread out but we have never walked more than 10-12 minutes from the furthest room to the lobby or the pool. enjoy

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
14,497 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Animal Kingdom Lodge Value View Rooms

But sitting on your balcony, with a glass of the red stuff, watching the world go by, kids asleep in the room is, so relaxing:-):-)

I agree entirely there are loads of places to animal watch, around the hotel, but I would never leave our kids asleep in our room, while having a drink animal watching from a public area.

Also for us it's only a few points more for a Savanna Room:-):-)

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
24,078 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Animal Kingdom Lodge Value View Rooms

Of course you wouldn't leave your children alone in the room,only a totally irresponsible parent would do that. I don't know what you mean by a few points since Disney has no loyalty program but the difference in dollars is substantial and we would rather spend our money on something real,not the chance that a giraffe will wander by. You can sit on your balcony no matter what the view-we like the Boardwalk resort too and most of the views from there are mediocre as well. The savannah views guarantee nothing in the way of relaxation