We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Theme park tickets

home
1 post
Save Topic
Theme park tickets

Is it better to buy theme park tickets at the gate or through your travel company before you get there

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,975 posts
411 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Theme park tickets

It's best to get your tickets in advance if for no other reason than to avoid standing in line for tickets on your first day. You can either order direct from the parks website or use one of many on-line ticket discounters and save a little more money. I've found Kissimmee Guest Services to be a good source with good prices and no gimmicks but there are others as well.

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,975 posts
411 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Theme park tickets

Buy your tickets in advance if for no other reason than to save standing in line to buy tickets on your first day at the park. You can either buy direct from the parks on their websites or from other on-line ticket discounters. I have found Kissimmee Guest Services to be cost competitive with no gimmicks or strings attached. You can have the tickets shipped to you for a few dollars. There are a lot of choices for tickets so you can shop around just be sure they are selling you tickets and not vouchers and that you don't have to attend any kind of presentation to get the tickets.

Jefferson City
Level Contributor
29 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Theme park tickets

get your tickets at the gate, i bought 5 day park hopper tickets from disney.com ahead of time, but didn't hop any parks and they now sell a ticket my way, 4 days 4 different parks for a much cheaper rate than online, for my 5 days i would have saved another 40 bucks a ticket.

Jefferson City
Level Contributor
29 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Theme park tickets

buy your ticket at the gate, they now offer a ticket my way and 4 days 1 park a day is only like 160 bucks, a better deal than buying them ahead of time.