We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Day Lunch

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Topic
Christmas Day Lunch

We're planning to go to Disney for our 5th time next Christmas. This will be our first time in Orlando at Christmas. We're thinking of Liberty Tree tavern for lunch for our family of 5, 2 adults and 3 children-aged 12, 15 and 16. Has anyone been for Christmas lunch and would you recommend? What is approximate cost per person for Christmas lunch? Is the menu any different on Christmas day?

Many thanks in advance of any replies!

Maisy

Magic Kingdom Park
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
Water Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,661 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas Day Lunch

I suggest that you hurry up and call Disney and see what is available for Xmas day. Liberty Tree is a very nice restaurant for Xmas day but it might be already booked. People have been booking 180 days in advance. I always booked in Sept. and sometimes it was cutting it close. www.allears.net has menus and prices. Let us know how you make out.

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas Day Lunch

Thank you Daisey. I actually mean christmas 2014 as I know I need to book well in advance.

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,661 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas Day Lunch

That's good, you will have your pick of restaurants. As I said, LT is very desirable for X mas day. allears.net will have the menu and prices. Enjoy your planning

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
55,091 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas Day Lunch

If I was planning on being in the Magic Kingdom on Christmas Day I'd try to get seating in one of the Wilderness Lodge restaurants (Artist Point or Whispering Canyon).

www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/resorts/wildlodge.htm

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas Day Lunch

Thank you Scott for the advice. I'll look into these

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,544 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas Day Lunch

Liberty Tree would be a lovely location for Christmas Day lunch. While I agree that Artist Point would be a great choice, they are not open for lunch. Whispering Canyon serves lunch, however I would not leave Magic Kingdom on Christmas Day. You will not be able to get back into the park. Magic Kingdom will close, due to capacity, as early as 10:00AM on Christmas Day.

Happy planning!

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,661 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas Day Lunch

Get to Magic Kingdom as early in the morning as you can that day and don't leave before your meal.

Xmas day at MK will be so crowded, they will close due to reaching capacity before 11:00 AM typically, so you must get there early, especially if you are staying off property, and get into the park as early in the morning as allowed. This is the only way to ensure you'll be able to eat at Liberty Tree that day.

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Christmas Day Lunch

Thank you all so much for all your advice! I know it's over a year away but really want to have my research done

9. Re: Christmas Day Lunch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, October 23, 2014