We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buggies on plane

UK
Level Contributor
835 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Buggies on plane

At Orlando do you know if the buggies are waiting when you get off plane or do they take them to the conveyor belt?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,767 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buggies on plane

do you mind if I jump on with asking the same for Sanford too

Central Scotland
Level Contributor
979 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buggies on plane

Our experience of American airports is baggage reclaim (think it's incase there's something in the tubes, lol!)

If the kids are small enough have a sling/wrap in the hand luggage til you get the buggy.

M

UK
Level Contributor
835 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buggies on plane

Im sure I read a few years back that buggies go to the carousel in the US due to regulations . We have a carrier so it's not really a problem, it's more a case of we didn't want to be waiting for the buggy to turn up at the plane door if it was on route somewhere else

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,767 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buggies on plane

Think I prefere baggage reclaim, if your waiting around on the airbridge for a buggy your probably going to be at the back of the immigration queue

York, England...
Level Contributor
330 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buggies on plane

Buggies are put on the floor in a big pile near the carousel. Top tip 247 have something handy in your luggage to cut the tape if you get the overly enthusiastic virgin employee who wrapped ours :)

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
217 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Buggies on plane

They along with car seats come through a number of different doors, there were 3 separate piles the other week, which I didn't know about which led me to think that my car seat had not turned up. all 3 were en-circling the carousel.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
251 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buggies on plane

They come out when your bags come out, not when you step off the plane

UK
Level Contributor
835 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Buggies on plane

Thanks, we will keep an eye out for the buggy and car seat around the carousel area.

Va
Level Contributor
11,524 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Buggies on plane

It depends on how you check them. If you check them as baggage, then they arrive with baggage. Usually they do not put them on the carrousel, but have a different area for oversized or odd shaped baggage. If you gate check your stroller, then they will bring it to the door when you deplane. Just be sure you know how you check it.

Level Contributor
240 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Buggies on plane

When I was at mco I got it as soon as we stepped off thd plane. We did have to join the queue waiting but we got it. When checking in at your departure airport get the person to put a tag that says immediate delivery at aircraft onto the stroller. And same when going home. Rule of thumb is if you take it to the gate you should get it at the gate.